Apple releases iTunes 7.4.1, Pro Application Support 4.0.2

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 23
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

True sometimes.

However, the irony is, the entire iPod/iTunes/MP3/digital downloads etc. movement (whether in audio or, increasingly, video) is a testament to the power of contact and license agreement violations en masse!

The response of our reps. et. al was atavistic legislation such as the DMCA of 1998.

To a great extent, I can't disagree with that.

But, it's sad that digital has made stealing, contract violation, and license breaking so easy.

Sure, there are tens, even probably, hundreds of millions, who couldn't care less. But, that's not a good thing overall, which is another reason why it bothers me so.

When a generation of young people get used to breaking the law, or other areas of jurisprudence, they become less tied to law in other areas. It's just not good.
  • Reply 22 of 23
    well 7.4.1 wont let you get album artwork for anything you dont import using iTunes ... yes, I realize I could burn the song to a CD and then import but that's just too troublesome. Damn.
  • Reply 23 of 23
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

True sometimes.

However, the irony is, the entire iPod/iTunes/MP3/digital downloads etc. movement (whether in audio or, increasingly, video) is a testament to the power of contact and license agreement violations en masse!

The response of our reps. et. al was atavistic legislation such as the DMCA of 1998.

At the time, the DMCA seemed like a decent law, remember, the iTunes store nor anything like it existed, Napster was just starting up and consumer level software, video and audio distributors didnt use encryption against their consumers, and DRM wasn't even invented,

What is needed is a correction of the law based on advances in technology, this is why we need to write our reps: why should it be illegal for me to coopy a DVD to my ipod or in MP3 to my laptop?

Want change iPeople? do something about it.

Why should two companies' mutual agreement remove YOUR rights? oh yea, I forgot, it is apple, the only thing they could possibly do to piss off consumers is lower prices..sheesh...