1) Macbook user, and I have an AppleCare

2) Macbook user, and I don't have an AppleCare

3) iMac user, and I have an AppleCare

4) iMac user, and I don't have an AppleCare

Comments

• Reply 1 of 20
    5.) MacBook Pro user, and no Apple Care
  • Reply 2 of 20
    IMAC USER - WITH APPLECARE, i would never risk it, for 150 bucks i get a piece of mind, whoops cd rom dies, whoops, hard drive breaks, after my dell used 4 cd drives, and one hard drive, uh yah, i am nervouse
  • Reply 3 of 20
    imickimick Posts: 351member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by spug View Post

I'm a..

1) Macbook user, and I have an AppleCare

2) Macbook user, and I don't have an AppleCare

3) iMac user, and I have an AppleCare

4) iMac user, and I don't have an AppleCare

1 & 3
  • Reply 4 of 20
    Get it. Love it. Live it.
  • Reply 5 of 20
    6: MBP W/AppleCare
  • Reply 6 of 20
    7.) Mac Pro user with no AppleCare
  • Reply 7 of 20
    By Macbook I mean any Apple laptop

By iMac I mean any Apple desktop

• Reply 8 of 20
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by polarissucks View Post

IMAC USER - WITH APPLECARE, i would never risk it, for 150 bucks i get a piece of mind, whoops cd rom dies, whoops, hard drive breaks, after my dell used 4 cd drives, and one hard drive, uh yah, i am nervouse

That's what I think of: if it'll stay home all the day long.. what can happen?

I mean.. it's not a laptop that you carry around.. so why paying an extra 150 bucks?
  • Reply 9 of 20
    MacBook User, AppleCare 3 years. Never go anywhere without it.
  • Reply 10 of 20
    Quote:

I mean.. it's not a laptop that you carry around.. so why paying an extra 150 bucks?

agreed, I'd rather pay the small amount of cash if anything goes wrong with it, apple is already nice about defective products, and if it works in the beginning it's bound to last.
  • Reply 11 of 20
    No to ProCare, just the extended warranties.
  • Reply 12 of 20
    Quote:

The desktop may not be carried around, but still, things can go wrong: hard disk failure, motherboard, dvd drive. The desktop may not be moved but doesn't mean there is nothing *moving* inside of it.
  • Reply 13 of 20
    I've never had AppleCare in 16yrs of Mac ownership but am seriously considering it for my first Intel Mac.

Can I use and abuse the telephone support as much as I wish to improve my knowledge or 1) There is a limit on the number of calls they'll take, or 2) the answers are no better than I could find on their Support pages myself?

TIA
  • Reply 14 of 20
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mrtotes View Post

I've never had AppleCare in 16yrs of Mac ownership but am seriously considering it for my first Intel Mac.

Can I use and abuse the telephone support as much as I wish to improve my knowledge or 1) There is a limit on the number of calls they'll take, or 2) the answers are no better than I could find on their Support pages myself?

TIA

AppleCare Protection Plan has unlimited calls. Unless of course you approach stalker-level phone calls, breathe heavily into the phone, and say things like "I like what you're wearing today..."

The answers can be quite useful as a complement to what you find on support pages and the web, IMHO.
  • Reply 15 of 20
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

AppleCare Protection Plan has unlimited calls. Unless of course you approach stalker-level phone calls, breathe heavily into the phone, and say things like "I like what you're wearing today..."

The answers can be quite useful as a complement to what you find on support pages and the web, IMHO.

I spend a lot of time in Apple Discussions but sometime it would be nice to get definitive answers on subjects.

Given that Intel Macs cost significantly less than the PowerPC equivalents I bought 3/5 years ago I suspect they're not built to last like the older ones too making AppleCare a very appealing purchase.

Do they do support over iChat? I've often helped out other people on iChat and it's great to be able to paste in links and screen grabs...

Thanks!
  • Reply 16 of 20
    MBP yes

Mac Pro not yet
  • Reply 17 of 20
    option 1 for me.
  • Reply 18 of 20
    sequitursequitur Posts: 1,910member
    Yessss - Apple care. Helped me through 2 kernel panics and several other problems. Biggy: problems with the 22 inch display (around $2500 5 or so years ago). Store Genius thought it was the tower and had me lug the G4 tower in 3 times before they finally said it was not the tower. Took the 22" display in. Bingo. Store sent it back to Apple. Got new display 2 weeks after the 3 year AppleCare ran out. I'd feel naked without AppleCare - especially since Macs are built offshore. Odd though - have not had another major problem since AppleCare ended. You guys have resolved my minor problems.

Maybe I'm pushing my luck with a 5 plus year old Mac. Please Apple, make a Cube or Mini tower before my G4 tower dies.
  • Reply 19 of 20
    1,4 and soon to be 3...