iPod nano Put In Washing Machine; Destroyed

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Hi, yesterday I was careless and left my iPod nano in my pocket and then it went into the washing machine and needless to say, it's broken. I've had my iPod nano for over a year and a half already, so the warranty's expired. Am I really fucked? Is there no way that Apple would somehow replace it or at least attempt to fix it? I've just read a lot about the "excellent customer service" Apple has and how XXX destroyed his iPod by doing XXX and then got it replaced (usually on Digg).

Thanks in advance,

John

Comments

• Reply 1 of 13
    Are you for real?
  • Reply 2 of 13
    pevepeve Posts: 518member
    and if i drive my car in a lake - the car manufacturer gives me a new one or repairs it for free.

grow up!
  • Reply 3 of 13
    sandausandau Posts: 1,230member
    let it dry out for a few days, it might still work. don't plug it in to anything.

i've washed my shuffle half a dozen times, keeps on ticking. of course it doesn't have a screen but most flash devices are amazingly resilient.
  • Reply 4 of 13
    Always remember to check if you have anything in your pockets before putting your clothes in the washing machine kids.
  • Reply 5 of 13
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Anician View Post

Hi, yesterday I was careless and left my iPod nano in my pocket and then it went into the washing machine and needless to say, it's broken. I've had my iPod nano for over a year and a half already, so the warranty's expired. Am I really fucked? Is there no way that Apple would somehow replace it or at least attempt to fix it? I've just read a lot about the "excellent customer service" Apple has and how XXX destroyed his iPod by doing XXX and then got it replaced (usually on Digg).

Thanks in advance,

John

I just went through this with a 60GB iPod Video except I was thrown in a pool lol. I called and they told me the best they could do was give me a out of warranty replacement being that it isn't over a year old yet (I got mine last November). If it was after the year, you need to buy a new one (at least thats what they told me in my situation). I think at this point your probably better off buying another one. A call to Apple couldn't hurt, but I think they're going to tell you the same thing. I still haven't bought a replacement yet because of all the new stuff coming out. I can wait off an other month or so and see if this 3G iPhone comes out. My 2 year contract is up in November, and if I am able to use the 3G phone on the Verizon network, I'm sold. I'll kill two things at once, get a new phone, and get a new iPod! I can live with 16GB if it's a phone too.
  • Reply 6 of 13
    sandausandau Posts: 1,230member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rich-Myster View Post

Always remember to check if you have anything in your pockets before putting your clothes in the washing machine kids.

this would never happen if the new iWash and iDry were out, but that's not until Paris 08. Waterless. 1 MILLION germs killed per load! Boom!
  • Reply 7 of 13
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sandau View Post

this would never happen if the new iWash and iDry were out, but that's not until Paris 08. Waterless. 1 MILLION germs killed per load! Boom!

hahahahaha
  • Reply 8 of 13
    tenobelltenobell Posts: 7,014member
    Quote:

My 2 year contract is up in November, and if I am able to use the 3G phone on the Verizon network, I'm sold.

The iPhone and Verizon don't use the same technology at all. Even if you unlock the phone your only other option is T-Mobile.

Apple tried to give it to Verizon but oh well. I'm sure Verizon balked at sharing subsciptions fees with Apple. And there is absolutely no way in the world Verizon would let Visual Voicemail go without and extra charge.
  • Reply 9 of 13
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Anician View Post

Thanks in advance,

John

Hi John,

Obviously your subconscious was trying to clear the path for you to buy a new phat little nano. Your subconscious must have seen one of the new Apple ads on TV, and, the sneaky little bastard it is, made you forget to take out your old nano from your pocket before doing your laundry. I wouldn't be surprised if your subconscious also made you use lots of detergent and was surfing the Apple store while the old nano was drowning in suds. Rather than fight the conspiring little bugger, you should embrace your inner nano, and buy your subconscious that new little phatty in the color of its choice. Otherwise, god knows what it will do next?!

Your welcome,

Duddits
  • Reply 10 of 13
    mydomydo Posts: 1,888member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rich-Myster View Post

I'm going to sue Kenmore because the guy at Sears didn't tell me that when he took my money.
  • Reply 11 of 13
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mydo View Post

I'm going to sue Kenmore because the guy at Sears didn't tell me that when he took my money.

if you live in the states, you'll get away with it.
  • Reply 12 of 13
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TenoBell View Post

The iPhone and Verizon don't use the same technology at all. Even if you unlock the phone your only other option is T-Mobile.

Apple tried to give it to Verizon but oh well. I'm sure Verizon balked at sharing subsciptions fees with Apple. And there is absolutely no way in the world Verizon would let Visual Voicemail go without and extra charge.

Damn T-Mobile sucks ass too!
  • Reply 13 of 13
    rawrrawr Posts: 1member
    one week ago i accidentally left my ipod in my sweater and it had been washed through the machine..so it hasn't been in the dryer yet, so i took it and tried to dry it. a couple of days later it seems to be dried and worked well like usually, but one thing i notice was that when i press the button to shut it down the screen closes, but then another screen pops up saying charged (like how it would say when your done charging your ipop)....i tried a couple of times to close it, but it does the same thing. If its not shut down the batteries run out. can anyone help me solve this..??? please.....