NeoOffice very slow launching

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I've not been able open a document(including an untitled) yet. Installed latest update and patch(2.2.1).

Can't find a 'contact us' on their website. My MacBook should have enough speed(2 GHz) and RAM(1 GB), right?

Thanks,

Steve

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,326moderator
    NeoOffice is pretty slow to launch but it should start eventually. Do you maybe have a lot of fonts on your system?
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

NeoOffice is pretty slow to launch but it should start eventually. Do you maybe have a lot of fonts on your system?

No more than the default set, marvin, but I'll check FontBook, thanks. Is a blank window(no cursor, no scroll bars, no nothin') after 10 minutes beyond eventually?

Steve B.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    sequitursequitur Posts: 1,910member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by macmaniac View Post

No more than the default set, marvin, but I'll check FontBook, thanks. Is a blank window(no cursor, no scroll bars, no nothin') after 10 minutes beyond eventually?

Steve B.

I had to wait a minute or two for NeoOffice to open; however, I found if the NeoOffice menu is opened and an app (text document; spreadsheet; etc.) is selected, it only takes about 5 seconds to open.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,326moderator
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by macmaniac View Post

Steve B.

Does it give you any info in your console as you launch? (/applications/utilities/console)

NeoOffice also uses Java. I doubt they'd make Java 1.5 a requirement for the latest version but the default in 10.4 is 1.3 or 1.4 so that may be worth checking too.