Stupid question? Jag + Apps

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I hear that Jaguar will be shipping on 3 CDs, so, If I purchase the full version, will it come with all current versions of iMovie, iTunes, iDVD, Quicktime, AppleWorks etc. so as to save on mega downloads?

Will OS9x be included?

If not, can I get CD rom versions of these apps at reduced price?

Sorry in advance for stupid question

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    [quote]Originally posted by MiMac:

<strong>I hear that Jaguar will be shipping on 3 CDs, so, If I purchase the full version, will it come with all current versions of iMovie, iTunes, iDVD, Quicktime, AppleWorks etc. so as to save on mega downloads?</strong><hr></blockquote>

Yes

<strong>Will OS9x be included?</strong><hr></blockquote>

no

<strong>If not, can I get CD rom versions of these apps at reduced price?</strong><hr></blockquote>

no, not reduced. (u can buy iMovie and iDVD on CD)

<strong>Sorry in advance for stupid question </strong><hr></blockquote>

Those are no stupid questions, but you could think a little bit more, yes.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    mimacmimac Posts: 872member
    Thanks Defiant

Sorry, my brain just isn't in forward gear this morning
  • Reply 3 of 7
    columbuscolumbus Posts: 282member
    Hang On, did you mention Apple Works on that list? Apple Works is a seperate Application, it is not built into the OS. I don't have the final verions of Jaguar, but I am sure that Apple would not be giving their office suite away for free.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    [quote]Originally posted by columbus:

<strong>Hang On, did you mention Apple Works on that list? Apple Works is a seperate Application, it is not built into the OS. I don't have the final verions of Jaguar, but I am sure that Apple would not be giving their office suite away for free.</strong><hr></blockquote>

ups.. yeah that's right. i don't think that's included. but if you buy a new Macintosh, it is.

confusing, eh ?
  • Reply 5 of 7
    As I recall not ALL new macs come with it. The towers don't (of didn't). I had to explain to dozens of clients why certain new Macs they bought needed to have a copy purchased because it didn't come with it. See how honorable I am?
  • Reply 6 of 7
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    [quote]Originally posted by Not Unlike Myself:

<strong>As I recall not ALL new macs come with it. The towers don't (of didn't).</strong><hr></blockquote>

Right. The Pro stuff doesn't come with AppleWorks but the consumer stuff does.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    Is iDVD on ALL of the Application discs or just the ones with DVD-burners?

I thought I heard about some software that makes some external DVD burners compatible with iDVD, but since iDVD is only available with a Mac that has a built in burner, basically the only option would be to pirate it if you chose this option. So is iDVD in the 10.2 box? Is it bundled with all new purchases of Macintoshes that include 10.2?

I just found out I'll have to put off a purchase of a tower or an iMac with a DVD burner for at least another year. An external burner, however... that can be done on a much closer timeline.

Alex.