1st iPod Touch Review + Extras

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Apple iPod Touch: Full Review posted by PCMAG.COM

+

iPod Touch now in stores??? So says Engadget.

+

Giz has new gorgeous hands-on photos and a short YouTube video of the device.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    YAY going in the morning returning my nano and buying a 16bg touch! super excited they arrived early =]
  • Reply 2 of 4
    I'm amazed to see that my new 160GB is just a little bit thinner than my old 80.

The interface is a lot smoother and faster than one I'd tried out in the Apple Store too -- makes you wonder if too many greasy fingers mess up the responsiveness of the scroll wheel.

Two little things off the top of my head that I really appreciate:

1) You can turn shuffle play on and off while playing music without having to click and scroll your way through a far-off setting in the menu system.

2) A much nicer Solitaire game, with more options. Since I leave my iPod in my car most of the time, and don't carry it with me like I carry my iPhone, I hope a future iPhone software update adds a few basic built-in games like these on the iPod Classic.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by shetline View Post

I'm amazed to see that my new 160GB is just a little bit thinner than my old 80.

The interface is a lot smoother and faster than one I'd tried out in the Apple Store too -- makes you wonder if too many greasy fingers mess up the responsiveness of the scroll wheel.

Two little things off the top of my head that I really appreciate:

1) You can turn shuffle play on and off while playing music without having to click and scroll your way through a far-off setting in the menu system.

2) A much nicer Solitaire game, with more options. Since I leave my iPod in my car most of the time, and don't carry it with me like I carry my iPhone, I hope a future iPhone software update adds a few basic built-in games like these on the iPod Classic.

Wrong thread?
  • Reply 4 of 4
    just to clarify this for any canadians, the ipod touch is not yet on sale in canada ( at least in quebec ). yesterday i went to my local futureshop and they told me they would be getting them in a few weeks. they did have like, one new nano though, and that was about it.