Itunes will only play one song at a time

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Hello.

I really need some help here.

This is my problem:

Itunes will only play marked songs.

The unmarked are playable but when that song has ended, itunes automatically jumps to a marked song.

My view on the marked/non marked songs is that the marked are the ones to be synced to ipod and that the non marked are just your library from wich you pick the ones to be synced.

Therefore I dont want to mark them all.

Is this a moment 22 without a sollution?

Now, Itunes is a really good music player/browser so I want to use it but how do I tackle this problem?

I want to be able to play songs without having to sync them to my ipod.

Does anyoen have some answers to this?

If this is the basic functionality in itunes than there is not much to do.

If so, could anyone please give me some suggestions of how to handle my syncing besides the marked/non marked system

Cause if there is no other way, I have to mark all songs in order to play them...

Regards...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    Make a separate playlist and put the songs you have marked into it, then mark everything. Then when you are in iTunes, everything will play, and you can sync the playlist of the songs you want to your iPod.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ajprice View Post

Make a separate playlist and put the songs you have marked into it, then mark everything. Then when you are in iTunes, everything will play, and you can sync the playlist of the songs you want to your iPod.

So I should make a seperate list with the songs i want to have on my ipod and choose only to sync that list?

Good idea but that makes my auto-playlists useless.

I kinda like to have the ability to make a list containing of only top rated songs etc.

Is there any other way?
  • Reply 3 of 6
    You know you can limit the size of auto-playlists right? Just limit the list to the size of your iPod. Unless I'm misunderstanding what you're trying to do.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by teedoff087 View Post

You know you can limit the size of auto-playlists right? Just limit the list to the size of your iPod. Unless I'm misunderstanding what you're trying to do.

Oh, just saw that, thanks..

But I dont think that helps me..

I dont want to mark all my songs.

I want to mark the ones I want to listen to.

The newly marked songs start off in a auto-playlist that collects all the unrated songs.

I rate the song and if Its 4 or 5 stars, it transfers to a playlist that collects all the 4 & 5 starred songs.

This process is ongoing i.e: All the songs that I rate 1 star, transfers to a playlist called trash and i delete them later on.

etc...

I want to keep my system with marking a song in order to get it to my ipod.

I also want to be able to play all my songs while using Itunes.

Understand?

Therefore, I cant mark all my songs..
  • Reply 5 of 6
    As far as iTunes is concerned, unmarked songs are the ones that you never want to hear. They are present in your library, but iTunes simply ignores them. These are, for instance, to weed out things like tracks of sound effects that you find on some sound-tracks, song intros that you'd rather not hear, etc.

Synching playlists, rather than synching your whole library seems to be the way to go for you. Synch the following playlists to your iPod:

1. iPod Playlist (these are the songs that you manually manage and the songs that you definitely want to be on your iPod at all times)

2. 4/5 Star Playlist (this is an auto-list of your 4- & 5-star songs

3. 2/3 Star Playlist (same as above)

4. 1 Star Playlist (I guess this one isn't synched, since you said that you will delete these -- and who wants their 1s on their iPod anyway)

5. Any other custom playlists that you want

You can modify the ratings of songs on your iPod (though I think that playlists are only updated when you synch back to the computer). This will update your "ratings" playlists, and you can manually manage the "iPod Playlist" in the same way that you currently manually un-check or check songs that you want synched to your iPod.

I don't know if I've entirely understand what you are hoping to do, but this is the sort of thing that I have going with my iPod and it works really well. Hope that helps.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:

Itunes will only play one song at a time

lol, I thought you were a D.J.