Only Smart People...

Posted:
in AppleOutsider edited January 2014
Ahhh so I have been playing around with brain tricks and came across this gem:

O lny srmat poelpe can raed tihs.

cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The

phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy,

it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm.

Tihs is bcuseae the huam n mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt! if you can raed tihs psas it on !!

If you have any cool brain tricks please share.

Fellows

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    While it is a neat trick, according to this source, no such research happened at Cambridge:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Typoglycemia

Cdgbrmiae Urstnviiey?

Even after typing it, this really looks hard to interpret.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JimDreamworx View Post

While it is a neat trick, according to this source, no such research happened at Cambridge:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Typoglycemia

Cdgbrmiae Urstnviiey?

Even after typing it, this really looks hard to interpret.

These days, you cannot use Wikepedia as a solid refrence... Colleges have band that site for many reasons.

...I've been spelling like that for years and I've never heard a complaint!
  • Reply 3 of 7
    Well now I'm complaining.

It's banned not band.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    thank you
  • Reply 5 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TheKid2020 View Post

These days, you cannot use Wikipedia as a solid refrence... Colleges have band that site for many reasons.

...I've been spelling like that for years and I've never heard a complaint!

Perhaps, but it's the ultimate reference for any matter of pop culture, which this is certainly a part of. I would also argue that colleges disapprove of wiki because, right or wrong, it's the antithesis of the ivory tower complex that most venues of higher education like to perpetuate.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    marcukmarcuk Posts: 4,442member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Fellowship View Post

Ahhh so I have been playing around with brain tricks and came across this gem:

O lny srmat poelpe can raed tihs.

cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The

phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy,

it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm.

Tihs is bcuseae the huam n mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt! if you can raed tihs psas it on !!

If you have any cool brain tricks please share.

Fellows

IIRC, if that was written in capitals you would not stand a hope in hell of reading it.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    Rlelay hpels in dinog the mronnig jmbule.