Ipod Touch FM Transmitter

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Hi I was hoping someone could help me out. I'm going to be buying the new Ipod Touch when it comes out, but i was wondering if there is an fm transmitter out there that can be mounted to a cigarette lighter charger and that also has swiveling capabilities for portrait or landscape views. If anyone knows of anything like this, either something coming out or an iphone version of it please let me know. Oh and sorry if this is in the wrong forum, if it is please point me in the right direction! Thanks!!

Liv

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    Check out Griffin Technology

I don't know if it works with the touch because some things have changed, but there is a good chance it will.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    Yes it is the wrong forum. Everything iPod goes in the iPod+iTunes+AppleTV forum.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    Why can't Apple add in a FM and AM (and maybe HD?) radio tuner to the iPod? And one where we can record from the stations? This bugs the heck out of me...
  • Reply 4 of 6
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    They can if they wanted too. I guess the re is little demand. (But I want that too!)
  • Reply 5 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by LIv25 View Post

Hi I was hoping someone could help me out. I'm going to be buying the new Ipod Touch when it comes out, but i was wondering if there is an fm transmitter out there that can be mounted to a cigarette lighter charger and that also has swiveling capabilities for portrait or landscape views. If anyone knows of anything like this, either something coming out or an iphone version of it please let me know. Oh and sorry if this is in the wrong forum, if it is please point me in the right direction! Thanks!!

Liv

iPod touch has the same width of iPod 5, iPod 5.5 and iPod 6, so I'm _assuming_ that it will fit on FM transmitters with cigarette lighter chargers such as Griffin Technology's Roadtrip.

Since it is thinner you might have to put some padding behind the Touch, but I'm _guessing_ it should work.

Or just wait 3 months for new made-for-touch versions come out. But I'm thinking that's not what you wanted to hear.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    yes, but I heard that the ipod touch will not work with attatchments that were made for older ipods.