Anyone got 10.2 & Cisco VPN Client 3.6 working?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I'm struggling.

Thanks.

Phil.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    jlljll Posts: 2,713member
    No problem here.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    [quote]Originally posted by JLL:

<strong>No problem here.</strong><hr></blockquote>

How did you get Mac OS 10.2 and Cisco VPN Client 3.6 working? I can successfully install the VPN client, but I can't log into the network since the damn client keeps asking me for my username and password over and over again until it says that authentication fails. Any help would greatly be appreciated.
  • Reply 3 of 9
    [quote]Originally posted by CyberMayT:

<strong>

How did you get Mac OS 10.2 and Cisco VPN Client 3.6 working? I can successfully install the VPN client, but I can't log into the network since the damn client keeps asking me for my username and password over and over again until it says that authentication fails. Any help would greatly be appreciated.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I installed it, configured a profile and ran the client - it just worked, so I don't know what's wrong when you try.
  • Reply 4 of 9
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    [quote]Originally posted by CyberMayT:

<strong>

How did you get Mac OS 10.2 and Cisco VPN Client 3.6 working? I can successfully install the VPN client, but I can't log into the network since the damn client keeps asking me for my username and password over and over again until it says that authentication fails. Any help would greatly be appreciated.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Did your NT admin give your user account dial up access? Even if you don't dial-up and you use cable or DSL, you need this turned on so VPN works.
  • Reply 5 of 9
    chopper3chopper3 Posts: 293member
    JLL, so you've got 10.2 and 3.6 and they're working fine. Can you cut'n'paste your config here please (obviously without any security info )

Thanks.

Phil.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    [quote]Originally posted by Chopper3:

<strong>JLL, so you've got 10.2 and 3.6 and they're working fine. Can you cut'n'paste your config here please (obviously without any security info )

Thanks.

Phil.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Why did I even post in this thread? Now I have problems too

OK, it works sometimes, and here is my profile:

[main]

Description=Name

Host=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

AuthType=1

GroupName=groupname

EnableISPConnect=0

ISPConnectType=0

ISPConnect=

ISPCommand=

Username=user

SaveUserPassword=0

EnableBackup=0

BackupServer=

EnableNat=0

CertStore=0

CertName=

CertPath=

CertSubjectName=

CertSerialHash=00000000000000000000000000000000

DHGroup=2

ForceKeepAlives=0

UserPassword=

enc_UserPassword=

GroupPwd=

enc_GroupPwd=

NTDomain=

EnableMSLogon=1

MSLogonType=0

TunnelingMode=0

TcpTunnelingPort=10000

SendCertChain=0

VerifyCertDN=

PeerTimeout=90

EnableLocalLAN=0

EnableSplitDNS=1
  • Reply 7 of 9
    Thank you very much, unfortunately it doesn't help. I get the tunnel setup (both sides think it is) but nothing goes over the tunnel. Bummer, I logged a Cisco TAC case on Monday, I'll give them a kick. They did say that 3.7 will be out in November but I'll see if they can get a move on.

Thanks again.

Phil.
  • Reply 8 of 9
    I've been working with the TAC on issues as well.

My connection works when on ethernet, but not on AirPort. They have verified it and are filing it as a bug to be fixed.
  • Reply 9 of 9
    [quote]Originally posted by LilMatt:

<strong>I've been working with the TAC on issues as well.

My connection works when on ethernet, but not on AirPort. They have verified it and are filing it as a bug to be fixed.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Ahh, that's it! It does work sometimes on AirPort though.