I-pod setup question

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
If I set-up my new ipod on my mac, will I still be able to use it on my PC's? My current ipod was formatted on my pc, but I have since gotten a macbook, where I keep my primary music library and manage most of my music. When I get my new ipod touch, I'd like to set it up on the macbook, but still be able to plug it into pc to listen to it at work. Will that be a problem? I'm still new to the mac (Love It) and had heard that might be a problem.

Thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    You can't use Mac-formatted iPods on PCs. You can however, use PC-formatted iPods on Macs. Format it on your PC. The thing is... on your Mac, you can only manually manage PC-formatted iPods (can't sync).
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by teedoff087 View Post

You can't use Mac-formatted iPods on PCs. You can however, use PC-formatted iPods on Macs. Format it on your PC. The thing is... on your Mac, you can only manually manage PC-formatted iPods (can't sync).

That's what I thought. Sucks you can't go both ways.

I manually sync anyway, but would have liked to be able to manage stuff through my mac, which I use primarily and have all my music on. It's also annoying to have to do all my ipod updates on a seperate computer.