Superduper Error message... doesn't go through with Smart Update?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Here's the Error message:

Quote:

| 08:15:02 PM | Error | ditto: /Users/b/Library/Mail/Mac-brendanjnr/INBOX.imapmbox/Messages/./40706.partial.emlx: Invalid argument

This is what stops the Smart Update process. Short of erasing and backing up all over again, anybody know a quick or easy fix for this?

Cheers.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

Here's the Error message:

This is what stops the Smart Update process. Short of erasing and backing up all over again, anybody know a quick or easy fix for this?

Cheers.

I would run disk warrior or disk utility and try again. Have you done that?
  • Reply 2 of 4
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,324moderator
    Quote:

Isn't that just a draft email in your Mail program? Try getting rid of that and do the update again. SuperDuper is using ditto and unix tools tend to not like funky path names. It looks ok to me though.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by backtomac View Post

I would run disk warrior or disk utility and try again. Have you done that?

I had to repair the disk using disk utility, permissions wasn't enough. It's sorted now though, thanks all.

P.S. the new keyboard wont boot into disk mode holding down 'C', and you wont get a choice using 'alt' on start-up. I needed to hold 'Menu' on my remote for some reason. Wacky.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Quote:

I had to repair the disk using disk utility, permissions wasn't enough. It's sorted now though, thanks all.

P.S. the new keyboard wont boot into disk mode holding down 'C', and you wont get a choice using 'alt' on start-up. I needed to hold 'Menu' on my remote for some reason. Wacky.

Glad you were able to get that repaired.