iPod Touch Question...

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I bought a 16GB Touch over the weekend (yes, Best Buy had them in stock in the city...WEIRD), but anyway after playing around with it for a few hours I've noticed no progress bar when a song is playing. I have a lot of mp3s that are over an hour long each (probably 75% of my 80GB collection), and not being able to skip through them a little bit is kinda harsh. Is there anyway to skip through tracks or do you have to listen to it in its entirety?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 12
    there should be a progress bar... there is one on mine. You should try tapping the screen and see if it pops up top when the ipod is vertical
  • Reply 2 of 12
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cato988 View Post

there should be a progress bar... there is one on mine. You should try tapping the screen and see if it pops up top when the ipod is vertical

that did work I was taping the screen all over the place, apparently not over the album art though. Thanx!
  • Reply 3 of 12
    ha youre welcome! enjoy
  • Reply 4 of 12
    I have another question now. Is there a way to get the iPod Touch to remember the mp3 position of where it was when you turned it off? With the old iPods this was never a problem. With this one, every time I turn it on it's like it resets. I don't get why they would get rid of that feature.
  • Reply 5 of 12
    it doesn't remember playback position? what about when it's on shuffle? is it going to restart the list everytime i turn it off. This is a huge drawback since i mainly use my ipod in the car.
  • Reply 6 of 12
    glossgloss Posts: 506member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Digital Disasta View Post

I have another question now. Is there a way to get the iPod Touch to remember the mp3 position of where it was when you turned it off? With the old iPods this was never a problem. With this one, every time I turn it on it's like it resets. I don't get why they would get rid of that feature.

Don't turn it off. Sleep it.

I hear it has issues with the battery if you turn it off entirely, anyway.
  • Reply 7 of 12
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gloss View Post

Don't turn it off. Sleep it.

but if I dont turn it off the music isnt going to stop unless I pause it first
  • Reply 8 of 12
    Quote:

Where did you hear this? They're pretty new, so how could people experience battery problems already? I'm just wondering.
  • Reply 9 of 12
    glossgloss Posts: 506member
    Quote:

but if I dont turn it off the music isnt going to stop unless I pause it first

Just pause it first. Tap the home button twice to bring up the music, pause it, and sleep it. It takes less time than shutting the thing off anyway.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by joeloud View Post

Where did you hear this? They're pretty new, so how could people experience battery problems already? I'm just wondering.

Just word of mouth. It seems to confuse the software that reads the battery level. I haven't bothered trying with mine, so I can't confirm.
  • Reply 10 of 12
    Quote:

Just pause it first. Tap the home button twice to bring up the music, pause it, and sleep it. It takes less time than shutting the thing off anyway.

whao...how did you know about that. I feel like theres a lot of little things like that I don't know about.
  • Reply 11 of 12
    Quote:

whao...how did you know about that. I feel like theres a lot of little things like that I don't know about.

Magic.

It's a nice feature because it works even when the device is already asleep and locked.
  • Reply 12 of 12
    Quote:

Magic.

It's a nice feature because it works even when the device is already asleep and locked.

that button proved to be a lot more useful then I thought lol