Medal of Honor and 10.2

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I just got 10.2 today, and I wanted to see if it made any difference with games. I have a 667mhz DVI powerbook with 512mb ram, Radeon 7500 mobility.

The startup and intros were much, much faster and smoother. Before they were a little jagged, now they couldn't be any smoother. The game is a little faster too. I was able to bump up a few of the graphics options higher. I'm set at about 75% of the highest settings and playing with no problems. Before I was at about 60%.

It looks like Quartz extreme really works!

I'm not sure how to dislpay fps though. If anyone knows, please let me know. I would be interested in finding out what I'm getting.

P.S. Fan did seem to come on a little earlier than before.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    zozo Posts: 3,117member
    i just borrowed friends copy of MOHAA to get the music (totally awesome... VERY indy jones like). But they were in archives. So I had to install it on my iBook 600Mhz 384MB ram 8mb vram. Luckily enough it did install (since min graphics is 16MB) and I had acess to the MP3 files.

Obviously curiosity killed the cat and for shits n giggles decided to try (version 1.1.1) with Jaguar. Started up, intro movie, main screen. Configured controls, and started! Woohoo!

So I played the basic training and most of first episode and the quilty isnt THAT bad. Gets a bit choppy when too many things go on, but otherwise, its pretty playable. If I turn settings down further I may get even better results
  • Reply 2 of 5
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    You guys think I could get away with smooth gameplay using a G4/500, 10.2 and the original Radeon?

How's the net play? I heard it's pretty decent - got snipers running amok, etc. I am really tempted to buy this game based on what I've heard about it.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    zozo Posts: 3,117member
    dunno about 'smooth' but the game is the best out there right now. miles better than RtCW.

Just dont get TOO frustrated in the sniper level thats just a bitch.

In anycase, wait until 10.2.1 when it resolves the Radeon problems (unless you are unaffected).

Still, if MOHAA works on my iBook 600 with 8MB vram, it should be even better on yours
  • Reply 4 of 5
    jerombajeromba Posts: 357member
    I just play in 10.2 with a Dual 800 / GF3 and MoH crash on me

and btw can someone tell me how can I bring the console ? When I do this "~" nothing happens.

[ 08-28-2002: Message edited by: jeromba ]</p>
  • Reply 5 of 5
    I'm playing MOHAA on a 400mhz G4 with the factory installed ATI Rage 128 (16 MB VRAM)

It works very well. I do have the settings all turned down but it works without lag an screen tearing.

As for the console you may haver to enable it first. Try <a href="http://www.planetmedalofhonor.com"; target="_blank">www.planetmedalofhonor.com</a> for details. You can learn a ton from it.