iTunes/iPod Touch album art problem - please help!

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Is there any reason why I couldn't import some album art into albums in iTunes, then import them into my iPod Touch? For some reason, it works with some albums and won't work with others. I noticed you have to drag the album art into the first song on the album and then it will show up as the art in coverflow. And it has worked in most albums but on about 15 or so it didn't work. Is there anything I should be checking in order to get this to work?

Also, is there a way to change album art to something else once you have already dragged a photo in there? On one of my CD's, I put a pic that turned out to be way too small in the placeholder and when I went to cut the pic out, it wouldn't let me.

Any help would be great - I'm using the latest version of iTunes, Windows XP SP2 (looking at upgrading to an iMac in December) and a brand new 16gb Touch.

Thanks!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    glossgloss Posts: 506member
    Select all the songs from the album, edit the ID3, and put the artwork in that way. You can replace the artwork if necessary by the same method.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Fletch View Post

Is there any reason why I couldn't import some album art into albums in iTunes, then import them into my iPod Touch? For some reason, it works with some albums and won't work with others. I noticed you have to drag the album art into the first song on the album and then it will show up as the art in coverflow. And it has worked in most albums but on about 15 or so it didn't work. Is there anything I should be checking in order to get this to work?

Also, is there a way to change album art to something else once you have already dragged a photo in there? On one of my CD's, I put a pic that turned out to be way too small in the placeholder and when I went to cut the pic out, it wouldn't let me.

Any help would be great - I'm using the latest version of iTunes, Windows XP SP2 (looking at upgrading to an iMac in December) and a brand new 16gb Touch.

Thanks!

I reported this as a bug to bugreporter.apple.com. They replied that this was a duplicate bug and they were working on it.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gloss View Post

Select all the songs from the album, edit the ID3, and put the artwork in that way. You can replace the artwork if necessary by the same method.

Thanks man...I'm not sure how to do that though. I'll look it up and see if I can find some instructions.

One thing I did figure out is that if you right click on a song, any song on an album, you can select "get album artwork" and if Apple can find it, it will populate the entire album (each song) with the artwork. Unfortunately, I left my iPod in my desk so I can't check it tonight. I'll check it tomorrow and see what happens.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    I just got my Ipod Touch today, had the same problem. show 2 album artwork out of 135.

Here's how I fix it, don't erase anything.

1. Sync the songs from Itunes.

2. click on manually manage music.

3. click on arrow next on the ipod and click on music

4. click on album tag to sort by album

5. click on one songs per album (one by one, if you have 100 albums you'll have click a 100 times) make sure you have show artwork option on (on view and show artwork)

6. click sync and you done, now you can uncheck manually manage music.

Jeff.Tan