PLEASE HELP! quake 3 code for fps

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
how do i find out how fast my card goes at..i seen somewhere else where you type a code in and it tells you while your playing how fast your card is going.

can you tell me what to do and what the code is...

thanks

Frank_t

PS and is there a way to play unreal with out the cd in the drive? it's such a pain to make me get up and find the dam cd every time i fell like playing....thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    chychchych Posts: 860member
    I think it's /cg_drawfps 1 or was it /cg_showfps 1....
  • Reply 2 of 6
    press the ` key (or whatever you have set for the console) and enter the command:

seta cg_drawfps "1"

Voila!

If you want to do a "timedemo" which is the standard rubric for testing Quake 3 framerates, enter the commands:

timedemo "1"

demo "demoname"

where demoname is the name of a pre-recorded demo file. Things should fly by very very quickly. When finished, bring down the console again and you'll see the average calculated FPS.

[ 08-23-2002: Message edited by: Brad ]</p>
  • Reply 3 of 6
    frank_tfrank_t Posts: 428member
    Thanks i'll give that a try....thanks all

Frank
  • Reply 4 of 6
    zapchudzapchud Posts: 844member
    for appropriate results, you have to use the standard demo when benchmarking.

If you're using the latest version of Q3 (v. 1.31) you'll have to do a little thing or two.

---

1st, open pak6.pk3 with an app that supports the .zip-format (.pk3 files are actually .zips, only renamed).

Inside the pak6.pk3-file, you'll find a folder called "demos", and inside that, you'll find a file called "four.dm_66".

Extract this file.

Put the file into the Q3/baseq3/demos directory (if there's no such thing as "demos", create it!)

rename the file from "four.dm_66" to "four.dm_67", or it'll not work.

then do as Brad said, and demoname would be "four", only that.

good luck!
  • Reply 5 of 6
    i just decided to start a new thread with this post... go see "Quake 3 .cfg help appreciated"

[ 08-28-2002: Message edited by: Richard ]</p>
  • Reply 6 of 6
    I've made a really good cfg file that gives excellent speed, without having "too" terrible graphics quality. I'll post it in a bit along the the old "locki" config that includes some basic explanations of the settings.