Would this be cool or not?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
I'm not sure if anyone's mentioned this... or even thought about this, but what if Apple made its own printers?

If I designed them, they'd have an iPod dock, so that instead of hearing the printer print, you'd hear music instead? Is that cool or what? No, really, I'm asking because I have no idea what's hip nowadays.

But seriously, would it be feasible for Apple to make a hi-res (is that the correct term for a printer? How about HD printing-yeah baby!) printer that could sync with the color profiles of your monitor, have USB/Memory card ports, maybe even wireless connectivity (through blue tooth?).

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rnaoncfixd View Post

I'm not sure if anyone's mentioned this... or even thought about this, but what if Apple made its own printers?

If I designed them, they'd have an iPod dock, so that instead of hearing the printer print, you'd hear music instead? Is that cool or what? No, really, I'm asking because I have no idea what's hip nowadays.

But seriously, would it be feasible for Apple to make a hi-res (is that the correct term for a printer? How about HD printing-yeah baby!) printer that could sync with the color profiles of your monitor, have USB/Memory card ports, maybe even wireless connectivity (through blue tooth?).

My current printer does all of that already. I can't see what Apple can add to the mix.
  • Reply 2 of 10
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by audiopollution View Post

My current printer does all of that already. I can't see what Apple can add to the mix.

Really?

ummm... okay... how about...

make it a fax machine too? The iFax? iPrint? Have it syncable with the iPhone so you can connect through blue tooth and print directions off googlemaps?
  • Reply 3 of 10
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rnaoncfixd View Post

Really?

ummm... okay... how about...

make it a fax machine too? The iFax? iPrint? Have it syncable with the iPhone so you can connect through blue tooth and print directions off googlemaps?

Yeah, got that covered, too.

http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/sh...#defaultAnchor
  • Reply 4 of 10
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,322moderator
    Apple just need better driver support for the devices already out there.
  • Reply 5 of 10
    For those of you new to the Apple game, they used to make printers.
  • Reply 6 of 10
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

For those of you new to the Apple game, they used to make printers.

Apple used to sell rebadged HP laser printers and Canon ink-jet printers.
  • Reply 7 of 10
    I suppose I could have said "they used to offer Apple-branded printers"...
  • Reply 8 of 10
    They could call it an "ImageWriter" or something !
  • Reply 9 of 10
    wircwirc Posts: 302member
    Wow! You should submit that to Apple Marketing! I bet they'd hire you.
  • Reply 10 of 10
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by KingOfSomewhereHot View Post

They could call it an "ImageWriter" or something !

Or how about "StyleWriter"?

http://www.maclab.dk/samlingen/printere/