iPhoto Slideshow Sucks

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 28
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    oh... forgot. I'm having a whole new problem with iPhoto now. In my Share pane none of the internet related options appear. They appear on my Powerbook but not the PowerMac. They always used to be there. I tried reinstalling iPhoto but it doesn't work. I looked at iPhoto help and it said they only appear when you have an internet conncetion. I have one. and even when my powerbook doesn't have an internet connection they show up on that.

Anyone know what to do?

I think iPhoto hates me
  • Reply 22 of 28
    jbljbl Posts: 555member
    [quote]I think iPhoto hates me[/QB]<hr></blockquote>

Actually 1.1.1 appears to have a number or weird bugs. It has unexpectedly quit on me a few times. When I first came out I went to the Palo Alto Apple Store and played with it a little. On a PowerMac there was a lot of weird pixelation when I changed the contrast. On a PowerBook with the same image it looked more the way one would expect. On my PowerBook whenever I Import pictures they get all bunched up (they fix themselves when I scroll). There are also weird interface quirks (like is it really necessary to have two comment fields?). Don't get me wrong; I love iPhoto and use it all the time. It just seems to me that someone was a little too quick pushing it out the door. I hope they will take a little more time with 1.2 and make sure the bumps are smoothed out.

Edit: Spelling and punctuation

[ 08-30-2002: Message edited by: JBL ]</p>
  • Reply 23 of 28
    Here's my idea.

I understand that importing all those images into iMovie and adding effects would be a nightmare, so do the movie on iPhoto, without the music and export it to a quicktime movie, this should run at the same speed on all computers and infact, be smoother on your powerbook if it's a faster machine.

Then import this quicktime movie of your slideshow into iMovie and add the soundtrack, this way you can have complete control over the timing of each song.

You can either export the finished slideshow as a quicktime movie to play on your powerbook or you can run it from iMovie, if your powerbook can handle PAL-sized movies I suggest running it as a quicktime movie.

As for the internet connection thing I dont know, it sounds like something else is causing the problem, check the iPhoto and System preferences to see if you can make iPhoto recognise your type of internet connection.

Andrew

[ 09-01-2002: Message edited by: Andrew Xt ]</p>
  • Reply 24 of 28
    [quote]Originally posted by Andrew Xt:

<strong>Here's my idea.

I understand that importing all those images into iMovie and adding effects would be a nightmare, so do the movie on iPhoto, without the music and export it to a quicktime movie, this should run at the same speed on all computers and infact, be smoother on your powerbook if it's a faster machine.

Then import this quicktime movie of your slideshow into iMovie and add the soundtrack, this way you can have complete control over the timing of each song.

You can either export the finished slideshow as a quicktime movie to play on your powerbook or you can run it from iMovie, if your powerbook can handle PAL-sized movies I suggest running it as a quicktime movie.

As for the internet connection thing I dont know, it sounds like something else is causing the problem, check the iPhoto and System preferences to see if you can make iPhoto recognise your type of internet connection.

Andrew

[ 09-01-2002: Message edited by: Andrew Xt ]</strong><hr></blockquote>

1.) Did the qt movie export thing... few problems with that. one: it goes a lot quicker than using iphoto slideshow.. the transitions aren't as smooth. two: the format apparantly isn't optimized well because it drops frames on both the powermac and powerbook when presented fullscreen. unacceptable

2.) did the qt export and then convert to dv stream for iMovie. few problems with that: one: convert to DV causes pixelation and severe quality loss. two: the transitions don't get exported with it for some reason so it just cuts to each photo.

can't win. can't believe it. tried everything and everything caused another problem.

Internet options just reappeared. who knows what happened
  • Reply 25 of 28
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    use <a href="http://www.iview-multimedia.com/index.html"; target="_blank">iView Multimedia Pro</a>.

does a good job. and FAST.
  • Reply 26 of 28
    low-filow-fi Posts: 357member
    I was reading through this thread, and my one thought was iView. Dammit, you beat me to it Defiant!

My bet would be with iView. Cracking program.

low-fi
  • Reply 27 of 28
    [quote]Originally posted by Defiant:

<strong>use <a href="http://www.iview-multimedia.com/index.html"; target="_blank">iView Multimedia Pro</a>.

does a good job. and FAST.</strong><hr></blockquote>

yea. didn't think it did slideshows and only discovered it did a few days ago. not ready to pay unfortunately. trying to conserve money. beginning of the school year gets expensive
  • Reply 28 of 28
    kcmackcmac Posts: 1,051member
    Try Archer. It makes good slideshows. I play iTunes in the background at conventions so I don't drive the people around me crazy with the same music all day for several days.

Don't know if you can time music with it though. You could go through several songs though and they have a free version.