iPod touch delivery dates?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I ordered a 16gb iPod touch on the 6th September. The ship date has always been 28th September, but the delivery date, which was 1st-2nd October has now been pushed back to 4th-6th October.

Are the rest of you noticing the same?

I'm surprised that they're not shipping until the end of September given that by then they'll have been in shops a fortnight. Is it generally the case that the stores take stock priority and online orders are filled after that?

Not too fussed I guess, it'll come when it comes, but i'm interested in how they tend to work it.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 33
    i just checked my status and it says it was shipped yesterday (sept 19). I ordered mine as soon as it became avaliable on the 5th. (Also got custom engraving)

I JUST CHECKED AGAIN AND IT SAYS ITS DELIEVERED!
  • Reply 2 of 33
    Has anyone in Australia had an ordered delivered?
  • Reply 3 of 33
    Can anyone who has ordered in the UK please post if they have had there order updated. Its a bit annoying when all the US customers are getting theirs and we are not!!
  • Reply 4 of 33
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DenverKirrane View Post

Can anyone who has ordered in the UK please post if they have had there order updated. Its a bit annoying when all the US customers are getting theirs and we are not!!

I'm in the UK and my order has been bumped (4th or 5th).

I'm not to bothered because of the screen issues I am hoping that this was the cause of the delay. I would rather have a 100% one and have to wait 4 or 5 days for it.

Bit if a kick in the teath tho putting them into shops before online orders, It will just stop people buying online as soon as products are released.

j.
  • Reply 5 of 33
    reganregan Posts: 474member
    What about in the Apple Stores. Are the ipod touches actually in the stores right now so that you can look at "touch" them?
  • Reply 6 of 33
    They are in Regent Street, I work 5 minutes away from there.

Alse see http://www.flickr.com/photos/geraldi...is/1409381168/
  • Reply 7 of 33
    I ordered my 16GB unit on 9/7; since then it has said without change:

Ships by: Sep 28

Delivers by: Oct 2 - Oct 4

I just called up the local Apple store here in Grand Rapids Michigan; they had the 8GB units in stock, and I could check back noon of each weekday to see if any 16GB ones came in.
  • Reply 8 of 33
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by blandishment View Post

I ordered my 16GB unit on 9/7; since then it has said without change:

Ships by: Sep 28

Delivers by: Oct 2 - Oct 4

I just called up the local Apple store here in Grand Rapids Michigan; they had the 8GB units in stock, and I could check back noon of each weekday to see if any 16GB ones came in.

My October 2 - 4 just changed to Oct 4 - 5

But it still ships on the same day!
  • Reply 9 of 33
    I must admit I am a bit irked about the local store having it and having to wait a month after ordering on line, but, since I am saving a few bucks with a company discount, I will bear the wait.

It is hard though!
  • Reply 10 of 33
    Maffrew

Just spoke to Apple on the phone as i have the same situation as you, first they said delivery 1st-2nd October now 4-5th.

Anyway the person at Apple said they have not recieved shipments from China in the UK yet and will recieve them themselves on the 1st-2nd, making delivery to us on the 4-5th.

Dont know about you but i think this is pants, if had known this information earlier i would have taken my money and bought one in the shops this weekend!!

So much for buying on the internet to beat the shops.
  • Reply 11 of 33
    weird...on the phone with APPLE yesterday too and they said they;ll ship on Friday.

Well, called a few APPLE STORES around and none of them have touch in stock!
  • Reply 12 of 33
    I just got the email that mine has shipped (to the UK) still estimated delivery as the 4th or 5th

j.
  • Reply 13 of 33
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by johnrp View Post

I just got the email that mine has shipped (to the UK) still estimated delivery as the 4th or 5th

j.

I've just checked mine and I've been bumped AGAIN! Now says shipping on 10th, delivery by 19th!!!

Grrrr
  • Reply 14 of 33
    My expected delivery date went from 1st-2nd to 4th-5th but then a couple of days ago it changed to 28th ( today ). Unsurprisingly it didnt arrive this morning so I phoned TNT to see where it had got to. I am waiting a call back to let me know at the moment but am crossing fingers that it will still be here tomorrow \

You can hope can't you ?

--

Scott

http://ukmac.net
  • Reply 15 of 33
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ukmac View Post

My expected delivery date went from 1st-2nd to 4th-5th but then a couple of days ago it changed to 28th ( today ). Unsurprisingly it didnt arrive this morning so I phoned TNT to see where it had got to. I am waiting a call back to let me know at the moment but am crossing fingers that it will still be here tomorrow \

You can hope can't you ?

--

Scott

http://ukmac.net

my expected delivery is 2-5 of october.
  • Reply 16 of 33
    all my tracking numbers have now been posted, and it can be tracked on the TNT site.

Looks like a regular 7 days from china ship now.

j.
  • Reply 17 of 33
    Mine eventually shipped on the 27th, and the new estimated delivery date is the 2nd October, which isn't too bad at all.
  • Reply 18 of 33
    Mine has just moved to 20 October !!!! \
  • Reply 19 of 33
    Looks like it left China on the 28th and is currently passing through Indiana for a scheduled delivery on Oct 3rd - or so says Fedex. Can't wait!

Edit to say, it's interesting to watch the package's itinerary. My delivery address is on the West Coast. The package leaves China, goes to Alaska, than onto Indianapolis - kind of in the opposite direction. I imagined that it would have just travelled down the coast since it seems like a faster / shorter route. I guess IN is one of the Fedex distribution hubs. Anyway - just a small oddity that caught my eye.
  • Reply 20 of 33
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Meaningless View Post

Looks like it left China on the 28th and is currently passing through Indiana for a scheduled delivery on Oct 3rd - or so says Fedex. Can't wait!

Edit to say, it's interesting to watch the package's itinerary. My delivery address is on the West Coast. The package leaves China, goes to Alaska, than onto Indianapolis - kind of in the opposite direction. I imagined that it would have just travelled down the coast since it seems like a faster / shorter route. I guess IN is one of the Fedex distribution hubs. Anyway - just a small oddity that caught my eye.

haha, i saw that with my macbook pro. i live in quebec which is at the eastern end of canada. it went from china to alaska, which is on the complete opposite side. then it went to memphis tn. my touch shipped today ( 29th ). i was quite surprised with that seeing as it's the weekend. i got expedited shipping but i didn't think that they shipped on weekends. my touch which i ordered on the 26th and shipped today is due to arrive on the 3rd as well. my macbook pro which i ordered on the 8th of september, which shipped on the 24th of september is due to arrive the same day. pretty pathetic. and the worst thing is that when it comes ( estimated at 12 oclock), i'll be in class, my mom will be at work, and my father will be at work as well so there will be no one to pick it up. i think that there's a fedex close to the ups that i work at though so before tuesday i might call and ask them to hold it there and i'll go pck it up after class or something. either that or i'll get someone to stay at my place to pick it up.