Will there be an updated iBook?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
I know, they were just updated like a month ago. But the TiBooks now have 8x combo drives. Do you guys think that Apple will add just this one feature to the iBooks? Or will they hold off until they have room in the keynote?

I am thinking about getting an iBook, but I am wondering if i should buy it now or wait until college next year...

whaddya think?

-Paul

Comments

• Reply 1 of 13
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    I can't see Apple updating the iBook until the Tokyo Macworld expo in March.
  • Reply 2 of 13
    davegeedavegee Posts: 2,765member
    [quote]Originally posted by EmAn:

<strong>I can't see Apple updating the iBook until the Tokyo Macworld expo in March.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I agree... Too much going on and Apple can't really bump everything then again just to make sure hang on till Monday afternoon and then make the jump...
  • Reply 2 of 13
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    [quote]Originally posted by EmAn:

<strong>I can't see Apple updating the iBook until the Tokyo Macworld expo in March.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Well, yeah i mean, its not really an update of the entire line, just the combo drive... like what they did with the TiBooks... but who knows...

-Paul
  • Reply 4 of 13
    I think there's a possibility that the iBook will get a slot-loading drive.
  • Reply 5 of 13
    Unlikely...
  • Reply 6 of 13
    [quote]Originally posted by MacsRGood4U:

<strong>I think there's a possibility that the iBook will get a slot-loading drive.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Hadn't thought of that, but I think it would drive up the price and I dont think Apple wants to do that.

Also, I don't like slot-loading drives-you can't put those mini-cds that colleges and companies send out as promos in the drives... but whatever, it could happen

-Paul
  • Reply 7 of 13
    I LIKE SLOT-L(whoops, sorry 'bout that, got me caps lock stuck for a few seconds )oading drives because they look cleaner and tray drives tend to be pretty cheap and barely there. But, uh, I had a point there, but I don't remember it...oh well...
  • Reply 8 of 13
    crusadercrusader Posts: 1,129member
    I think MWToyko will give a update of the iBooks. Also Slot Loading drives stink. I love using those mini-CDs. I fully agree with psantora.
  • Reply 9 of 13
    matsumatsu Posts: 6,558member
    This is an easy question. I don't know why people really agonize over it. Computers depreciate fast, and get out of date even faster. Never buy NOW to use LATER. If you need an iBook in September, then stroll into your local mac store sometime in late August, and buy whatever you can get at that time. Use what you got till then.

At the earliest, you should wait untill at least the last major event before you have to buy in September, I think there are a few between now and then.
  • Reply 10 of 13
    macaddictmacaddict Posts: 1,055member
    psantora, trim down your signature! For the love of god!

[ 12-31-2001: Message edited by: MacAddict ]</p>
  • Reply 11 of 13
    [quote]Originally posted by MacAddict:

<strong>psantora, trim down your signature! For the love of god!

[ 12-31-2001: Message edited by: MacAddict ]</strong><hr></blockquote>

but i really LIKE that long quote!

Oh well i'll change it...

-Paul

P.S. Was the God pun intended?

Just for the record, I don't necsarily belive these quotes, I just think it is cool to make peole think... But that discussion is for another thread...

Edit: P.S.

[ 12-31-2001: Message edited by: psantora ]</p>
  • Reply 12 of 13
    better?

-Paul
  • Reply 13 of 13
    macaddictmacaddict Posts: 1,055member
    It's an improvement at least.