Apple iPhone update 1.1.1 offers louder volume, adds iTunes

12345679»

Comments

• Reply 161 of 166
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by melgross View Post

What he's saying is right, and makes perfect sense.

It's been my dilemma as well. While the iPhone is advanced in a number of ways, it also lacks many things.

I'm staying with my Treo 700p until Apple (hopefully) presents us with what I want, and need. If not, the interface is nice, but useless for me.

I'm not interested in hacks to make it do those things. Even if the third party software situation was resolved, there aren't the programs available that I use, so what would be the point?

There are more sides to this than the wanting what Apple doesn't offer. Most people who buy the iPhone will stick to what was offered. Some will try to get around it.

Many of us will wait and see, while using something else that suffices.

Totally agree with you mel, however, I'm on the other side in that I bought the iPhone and it does way more than I 'need' so I'm really happy with it. Of course I don't even really 'need' a cell phone even though I do carry one most of the time. Occasionally, I forget and leave it at home. Once in awhile someone will say "where were you I tried to call you on your cell?". When I tell them I accedently left it at home they look at me as if I'm from outer space.
  • Reply 162 of 166
    steste Posts: 119member
    Amid the thrust and parry of the 1.1.1 debate, I have yet to see much feedback on the functionality of the iTunes WiFi music store. So I tried it over the weekend, and it works great! After a brief problem where it did not recognize my e-mail address -- I had to confirm my account details on my MBP before returning to the iPhone -- I downloaded an entire album in about a minute. Very impressive.

Any other user feedback (good or bad) on this feature?
  • Reply 163 of 166
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mstone View Post

Totally agree with you mel, however, I'm on the other side in that I bought the iPhone and it does way more than I 'need' so I'm really happy with it. Of course I don't even really 'need' a cell phone even though I do carry one most of the time. Occasionally, I forget and leave it at home. Once in awhile someone will say "where were you I tried to call you on your cell?". When I tell them I accedently left it at home they look at me as if I'm from outer space.

You're one of that large majority that finds the iPhone to be all, and even more, than you need. You're one of those for whom the iPhone was made for.
  • Reply 164 of 166
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ste View Post

Amid the thrust and parry of the 1.1.1 debate, I have yet to see much feedback on the functionality of the iTunes WiFi music store. So I tried it over the weekend, and it works great! After a brief problem where it did not recognize my e-mail address -- I had to confirm my account details on my MBP before returning to the iPhone -- I downloaded an entire album in about a minute. Very impressive.

Any other user feedback (good or bad) on this feature?

I used it for browsing and listening to the most popular songs while hanging out at an airport that offered free Wi-Fi. I didn't purchase anything, but did discover that I've never even heard of the 90% of the most popular songs in any of the Top Ten categories. It worked great, but I felt old.
  • Reply 165 of 166
    steste Posts: 119member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

I used it for browsing and listening to the most popular songs while hanging out at an airport that offered free Wi-Fi. I didn't purchase anything, but did discover that I've never even heard of the 90% of the most popular songs in any of the Top Ten categories. It worked great, but I felt old.

Ha! If it means anything, I downloaded Neil Young's On The Beach. Sometimes it's good to be old
  • Reply 166 of 166
    mrmistermrmister Posts: 1,095member
    A good post from Engadget:

http://www.engadget.com/2007/10/01/a...v1-1-1-update/

Worth reading in its entirety.