Any idea about New MacBook/ pro launch dates?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
I was wondering if anyone have any information about launch dates for these products. I am looking forward to buying a new Lappie, but I am not sure if I should wait a bit more. I know that this waiting game never ends, but if the update is near, why not waiting a bit more? It is not an urgent buy for me. I already have an iMac... so... just need a lappie for "fun" really.

cheers!!!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Anyone who says they do are guessing. Apple's just that unpredictable. I'd guess either when Leopard is released or Macworld '08.
  • Reply 2 of 10
    Thanks Ireland... I kinda knew what you said, but I had hopes someone from inside would show up and say a launch date...LOL just dreaming, I know.

But thanks for your reply!
  • Reply 3 of 10
    mcarlingmcarling Posts: 1,106member
    It is very unlikely that Apple would release new hardware to coincide with Leopard, though a speedbump is possible. Apple will ship new hardware after Intel ship Penryn. Now is a good time to buy if want something this year.
  • Reply 4 of 10
    icfireballicfireball Posts: 2,594member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mcarling View Post

It is very unlikely that Apple would release new hardware to coincide with Leopard, though a speedbump is possible. Apple will ship new hardware after Intel ship Penryn. Now is a good time to buy if want something this year.

Actually, your wrong. Apple tends to do a lot of (minor) hardware upgrades surrounding OS releases -- graphics cards, RAM, CPU speed boosts, etc.
  • Reply 5 of 10
    mcarlingmcarling Posts: 1,106member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by icfireball View Post

Actually, your wrong. Apple tends to do a lot of (minor) hardware upgrades surrounding OS releases -- graphics cards, RAM, CPU speed boosts, etc.

How is that wrong? I wrote "a speedbump is possible." People are wondering when there will be a new design and it is very unlikely to coincide with Leopard.
  • Reply 6 of 10
    icfireballicfireball Posts: 2,594member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mcarling View Post

How is that wrong? I wrote "a speedbump is possible." People are wondering when there will be a new design and it is very unlikely to coincide with Leopard.

I was thinking new as in anything updated. I think the MacBook Pro won't get anything new in terms of design for a while yet. Apple's "next big thing" will be it's Ultra-portable and that will take most of Apple's resources in their portable department until that's done.
  • Reply 7 of 10
    buddhabuddha Posts: 386member
    Quote:

I was thinking new as in anything updated. I think the MacBook Pro won't get anything new in terms of design for a while yet. Apple's "next big thing" will be it's Ultra-portable and that will take most of Apple's resources in their portable department until that's done.

yeah you basically repeated his post, be sure to read before you write \
  • Reply 8 of 10
    Quote:

Except that some of us think the "ultra-portable" is either the PDA OR the MBP. I'm betting on a smaller, lighter MBP before Christmas.
  • Reply 9 of 10
    thebeatthebeat Posts: 113member
    definitely waiting till next year when Penyrn comes out.
  • Reply 10 of 10
    tripotripo Posts: 74member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by thebeat View Post

definitely waiting till next year when Penyrn comes out.

i'm also stuck with it. gotta wait till the next pros roll out