Apple Mail

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Ive been trying to configure my Mail App to send and recieve my email from my yahoo account. After googling some questions and answers, etc etc, it seems that you need to upgrade your yahoo account to 'Plus' in order to gain POP access. Is there any way around this so I can just use my free yahoo account with this? Thanks guys.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by toldey View Post

Ive been trying to configure my Mail App to send and recieve my email from my yahoo account. After googling some questions and answers, etc etc, it seems that you need to upgrade your yahoo account to 'Plus' in order to gain POP access. Is there any way around this so I can just use my free yahoo account with this? Thanks guys.

Nope. I think you need to pay for Plus to get automatic forwarding now, too. I used to us automatic forwarding to another account and then be careful about choosing the right reply-to option before I sent. I think you're out $35 a year. Although I think it's worth it.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    sequitursequitur Posts: 1,910member
    I've had the same problem with Yahoo, sooooo I opened a free Gmail. Gmail will send (free) your email to your ISP and you can have it downloaded to Apple Mail automatically.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by toldey View Post

I use the Yahoo Messenger client for this reason. It gives me notification of Yahoo Mail and I don't have to pay for it.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    djctdjct Posts: 1member
    Try Macfreepops. http://www.e-link.it/macfreepops/

Should do the trick...
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sequitur View Post

I've had the same problem with Yahoo, sooooo I opened a free Gmail. Gmail will send (free) your email to your ISP and you can have it downloaded to Apple Mail automatically.

Or configure Mail to communicate directly to GMail.