itunes stripped cover art

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
So I just updated itunes to 7.4.3(i think the 3 is right). I also just got my new ipod touch. Anyway, I updated it, loaded it up and started enjoying.

First thing I noticed? All the cover art that was attached to albums that came from somewhere other than Itunes (ie music that had been burned onto computer from previously owned cds) is GONE. It's not in Itunes and it is showing up as blank in hte cover flow on the ipod. This happened both to music that was burned through the itunes interface and music that was burned using Media Monkey.

What gives? The cover art was there in my previous versions of itunes and on my earlier ipods! Does anyone know if this was an update problem? A problem on my part? I want my pretty pictures to enjoy in my super cool cover flow mode!

Thanks for the help,

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    Is no one having this problem? NO solutions?
  • Reply 2 of 3
    aquamacaquamac Posts: 585member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by poohlp View Post

Is no one having this problem? NO solutions?

The latest is iTunes 7.4.2 as of Oct 5.

My iTunes is working fine. Sorry for your problems.

You are using iTunes on a Mac, not a PC, right?
  • Reply 3 of 3
    poohlppoohlp Posts: 16member
    Like I said, I wasn't sure the version number. It was whichever one was most recent.

Did this happen on a PC or MAC? Both actually. It stripped the art both off the mac and off the PC when it updated. It only affected cover art of music that didn't come from the itunes store. It affected both music I had burned directly from a cd through I-tunes and music that was burned from cds using another program and then imported into itunes. In both cases, the covers were present in the previous version of itunes.

I was able to recover some of the covers by getting them through the get cover art from itunes function, but anything the store didn't recognize is now gone.