5-License Software

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Hello. I am a college student, and a number of friends (four, to be exact) and I are thinking about buying the family packs of software (iWork, OS X Leopard, etc). My only concern is with the installation discs. I am a senior and will be gone after this year, while everyone else will be in school next year. My concern lies with what is one of us has to reformat or something like that and needs the disc when we are not all at school together. My real question is this i guess. Can the intallation disks for the family packs be copied so we can each have a copy for reinstallation, recovery, etc? I know the disc for Windows XP can be copied so you can use the backup without fear of scratching your disc and being screwed, but can copied be made of Apple install discs?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    The Family Pack Software License Agreement allows you to install and use one copy of the Apple Software on up to a maximum of five (5) Apple-labeled computers at a time as long as those computers are located in the same household and used by persons who occupy that same household. By ?household? we mean a person or persons sharing the same housing unit such as a home, apartment, mobile home or condominium. This license does not extend to students who reside at a separate on-campus location or to business or commercial users.