Needing SMS Settings info

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
I am trying to set up the SMS service center number for t-mobile US for an iPhone, I need to know if there is someplace that walkes you through changing the service center setting for t-mobile i am trying to help a friend out and don't have an iPhone to go through it with them step by step. if anyone has any info on this it would be a great help.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    gizmo-xlgizmo-xl Posts: 142member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by chazz895 View Post

I am trying to set up the SMS service center number for t-mobile US for an iPhone, I need to know if there is someplace that walkes you through changing the service center setting for t-mobile i am trying to help a friend out and don't have an iPhone to go through it with them step by step. if anyone has any info on this it would be a great help.

I don't think the iPhone has a place in the settings that allows you to change any of those settings.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    filburtfilburt Posts: 398member
    Since SMS settings (along with some other settings) are usually stored on a SIM card, try setting them on another phone first.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Yes the SIM does store most settings but you can manually set the service center number, I have not had a chance to look into the phone to see how to access the manual settings. I do know that their is a way to get at them i am just not sure how to do it ( Yet ). The tools that are used to sent the setting to the phone over the air are now up for T-Mobile at this time.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    filburtfilburt Posts: 398member
    iPhone does not provide any interface for overriding SIM's SMS settings. So I suggest using another phone to manually set all the settings (with the same SIM card) then put the SIM back in. iPhone should recognize and use SIM card's SMS settings, but who knows.