iPod touch as external drive (help)

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
How can I use my iPod Touch as an external drive? Like a flash drive.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    I was going to say t's the same way as any other ipod, but I plugged it in and went into iTunes so I could give you the exact menu wording, and it's not there!

So I hope someone else knows, since I was going ot do that, too.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    glossgloss Posts: 506member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jethro1138 View Post

I was going to say t's the same way as any other ipod, but I plugged it in and went into iTunes so I could give you the exact menu wording, and it's not there!

So I hope someone else knows, since I was going ot do that, too.

I think there might be some software out there that boasts the functionality, but there's no built in Disk Mode on the touch.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    Yeeeesh.

I'm seriously considering returning the thing now. I have no intention of using the thing as an MP3 player, or of ever using iTunes to store and manage my music. I was going to dump music on this thing as a flash drive so I can listen in the car (my car can read USB drives), and maybe so I can take files with me, but...
  • Reply 4 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jethro1138 View Post

Yeeeesh.

I'm seriously considering returning the thing now. I have no intention of using the thing as an MP3 player, or of ever using iTunes to store and manage my music. I was going to dump music on this thing as a flash drive so I can listen in the car (my car can read USB drives), and maybe so I can take files with me, but...

And you got an iPod Touch for this reason..why?

Talk about overkill.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ChrisDaMacMan View Post

And you got an iPod Touch for this reason..why?

Talk about overkill.

seriously, get the ipod classic if you want to use it for that for gods sake.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    I found a way that you can copy songs from different ipods onto your computer and you don't even need itunes, this program also prevents itunes from synchronizing with the ipod just go to www.touchcopy.com and download the free version, it will only let you copy 40 times so what i did was select all the folders of music on the ipod and copied them all at once. i hope this is helpful for you.