Apple drops new Leopard build, may be release candidate

1235»

Comments

• Reply 81 of 84
    mcarlingmcarling Posts: 1,106member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kim kap sol View Post

Even when SVG becomes a 'General Recommendation', it'll take a decade for the Web to become RI.

In fact, the Web will never be fully RI. Unless everyone everywhere makes a concerted effort to destroy all old webpages that have never been touched since 1997. Not...gonna...happen.

I think we don't have a choice but to live with cruddy pixelated web graphics on higher pixel-density screens (if we want every element on the screen to scale in the same proportions).

If Apple is delaying RI because of SVG or the Web...we won't see it for years yet.

No problem. Just set a different scaling factor for Safari/Camino than for the rest of the system.
  • Reply 82 of 84
    mdriftmeyermdriftmeyer Posts: 7,503member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mcarling View Post

Why on earth do we still have bit-mapped UI elements? OS X has had Display Postscript since it was NextStep 0.6 in 1989. Is Apple still trying to maintain compatibility with software written for OS 9? It's time to let that go.

In short, Yes.
  • Reply 83 of 84
    mdriftmeyermdriftmeyer Posts: 7,503member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lemon Bon Bon. View Post

Well, Leopard looks like it will be worth it...

I can't wait.

Just hope we get a new tower before Christmas to go with it...

I just hope Open GL gets a massive face lift... Macs should be outgunning PCs/Direct X...not the other way around...

Lemon BOn Bon

If you consider OpenGL 2.1 optimized as a massive face lift, then yes.
  • Reply 84 of 84
    thegarthegar Posts: 92member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mdriftmeyer View Post

If you consider OpenGL 2.1 optimized as a massive face lift, then yes.

And is it ? Did you had the chance to play with it ?