Songs doubling up in iTunes after update

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Am I the only one who has the problem of songs doubling up in iTunes after the last update? It's not the first time it's happened to me and I am seriously considering NOT updating my iTunes anymore since it already works fine with my 2g Nano. It's a pain in the butt to have to go in there and manually delete the multiple listings of the songs (of which there is only one copy of in the iTunes library).

Anybody know a faster way of getting rid of the multiple listings?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    In the View menu, select show Duplicates.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by 4metta View Post

Am I the only one who has the problem of songs doubling up in iTunes after the last update? It's not the first time it's happened to me and I am seriously considering NOT updating my iTunes anymore since it already works fine with my 2g Nano. It's a pain in the butt to have to go in there and manually delete the multiple listings of the songs (of which there is only one copy of in the iTunes library).

i think that happened to me too. took a hella long time to get rid of them all. i went from 4800 songs to 4100 ...
  • Reply 3 of 5
    4metta4metta Posts: 365member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by teedoff087 View Post

In the View menu, select show Duplicates.

Thanks but the point is that I only have one copy of these songs in my hard drive so there is no reason they should be duplicated in my iTunes library.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    4metta4metta Posts: 365member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rich-Myster View Post

i think that happened to me too. took a hella long time to get rid of them all. i went from 4800 songs to 4100 ...

It's happening to me every time I update iTunes now and it's really a pain in the ass. I have a lot of songs as well and it's getting to the point where I just won't update iTunes anymore if Apple keeps crapping this up.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by 4metta View Post

Sort by date, delete all created on the day of the update.