How Do I Get Rid Of The Login Prompt At Startup?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Excuse me for the stupid question but my 10.0 through 10.1.5 never stopped at login where I have to hit the enter or return key to get the startup to finish its way to the desktop. I know there must be a simple way to get rid of it. But I don't know what it is. Something somewhere I need to delete right?

Please?

That login prompt is a pain in the ass nusance.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    I believe you can select the option to auto login thru the login preferences.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    That's what I thought too. But that Login Window is mysteriously GONE!!! from the Jaguar Login Preference Panel. That panel now only is for Login Items with the complex and NECESSARY "Login Window" taken away!!

I'm mad as hell about this!! Did somebody at Apple DROP THE BALL on this Preference Panel and FORGET to put the Login Window back in.

This is extremely disconcerting. Glad I left my old B/W G3 at 10.1.5 so I could see what's missing. Apple better get that panel back in with 10.2.1 or there's going to be hell to pay.

What a catastrophy! There are 8 different variables in that missing pane. What a PAIN IN THE ASS!!!
  • Reply 3 of 4
    OK. I just figured it out. Apple MOVED the Login Window to a NEW SYSTEM ?> Accounts Panel where you can add new users and edit users AND Set Auto Login... which reveals a one time password entry panel that then invokes the "Log in automatically as user name" mark.

Sorry to bother you all with this mundane CHANGE. Did anybody else have a hard time finding out the NEW WAY to do what was already PERFECT?
  • Reply 4 of 4
    thats stupid.... but if we must get used to it then its good.