Leopard on PMG4?

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
As some may know, I have a Powermac G4 (MDD) running on Jaguar. Any chance that it would be capable of running Leopard, or would the poor thing cough under the pressure?

If Leopard is far too much a powerhog, would Tiger cooperate with this machine?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    aquamacaquamac Posts: 585member
    Yes your MDD is Leopard approved.

Of course it would also get an improvement from Tiger if you did not want to risk a buggy Leopard first release.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Chamberlain View Post

As some may know, I have a Powermac G4 (MDD) running on Jaguar. Any chance that it would be capable of running Leopard, or would the poor thing cough under the pressure?

If Leopard is far too much a powerhog, would Tiger cooperate with this machine?

I have the slowest of the MDD models (867MHz) and it runs Tiger flawlessly. Go ahead, enjoy!
  • Reply 3 of 6
    Nice, sounds like a plan. I'm at a tolerable 1 GHz, seeing anything under it makes me laugh.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    Quote:

Nice, sounds like a plan. I'm at a tolerable 1 GHz, seeing anything under it makes me laugh.

I know what you mean - I remember how THRILLED I was to actually have a dual-processor G4! Of course that was coming from a venerable Blue & White 400MHz G3 (which itself seemed screaming fast after the PowerMac 9600 it replaced) - ah, good times. Good times.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nickmini View Post

I know what you mean - I remember how THRILLED I was to actually have a dual-processor G4! Of course that was coming from a venerable Blue & White 400MHz G3 (which itself seemed screaming fast after the PowerMac 9600 it replaced) - ah, good times. Good times.

Now with these Mac Pros, cranking out multiple GHz and a capable upgrade to 12 GB of RAM? These last 10 years have been a huge jump for Apple, and computer in General! My iPod Shuffle can carry more songs then my PowerMac G3!
  • Reply 6 of 6
    Quote:

Now with these Mac Pros, cranking out multiple GHz and a capable upgrade to 12 GB of RAM? These last 10 years have been a huge jump for Apple, and computer in General! My iPod Shuffle can carry more songs then my PowerMac G3!

Holy sweating Ballmers! Awesome?