universal dock for mini 1G AND nano 3G?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Hi!

I've just bought an iPod Nano 3g... I just couldn't resist. My 1st generation iPod mini still works very well though.

My question is:

Will Apple's Univesal Dock work with both of them, including the remote control capability?

Does the video-out option on the Dock work well to show videos and photos on a regular TV or will it distort the image or otherwise give bad quality?

Can I connect a Firewire power adapter to the Dock? (the one that came with my mini when I bought it).. On the Apple site, they just mention the USB adapter which I am not willing to buy if my Firewire-one still works for the Dock.

Thank you in advance for any comments.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    At least part of my questions are answered on the apple support site.

Now there is just the quality question.. Has anybody experience with connecting an iPod nano to a normal TV? is it worth it for photos and videos?

thanks
  • Reply 2 of 2
    galleygalley Posts: 971member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by future-ex-pc-user View Post

At least part of my questions are answered on the apple support site.

Now there is just the quality question.. Has anybody experience with connecting an iPod nano to a normal TV? is it worth it for photos and videos?

thanks

I demoed the new Apple Component AV Cable earlier this week at a MUG. Video quality is very good on both my classic and the nano that I borrowed. Both will do 480p. I actually haven't tried photos yet.