iPod Video syncing question

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I'm a little confused... Is it not possible to sync playlists and manually manage the rest of my library on my iPod? I am almost positive that I was able to do this before... did iTunes release an update that changed this? I used to be able to play music from my iPod too (in iTunes), I'm pretty sure. Now everything is grayed out like I'm syncing my entire library. Any help would be great!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    tkellytkelly Posts: 50member
    On the main iPod window (in iTunes), the one that shows the picture, information, and version information.

Go down and check the box that says "manually manage music and videos". This will allow you to drag and drop music, and play it back off your iPod.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tkelly View Post

On the main iPod window (in iTunes), the one that shows the picture, information, and version information.

Go down and check the box that says "manually manage music and videos". This will allow you to drag and drop music, and play it back off your iPod.

Yeah, I know how to do that. Once I go to "manually manage" it erases everything that's on my iPod, and I have to start over. I want to be able to sync playlists AND delete songs and such off my iPod.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Any help?
  • Reply 4 of 4
    *final bump*