ok another threat...but Tablet Mac???

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
sooo i have a powerbook G4 17" and its time to get rid and buy something new (other than the new imac i bought a couple weeks ago haha)...i REALLY want a tablet notebook, its essential for college...it would help a lot but theres no way in hell im going back to PC...nooo way haha

sooooo any rumors out there for a soon release of a tablet mac?? i cant afford the modbooks out right now 2,500$ is ridiculous for a macbook tablet....i heard apple will have a new line of laptops coming out but i dont think any of those are tablets? i really would love apple if they come out with this in the $1,000-1,600 line =/...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    Just FYI, it doesn't hurt to read through the threads that are already up that answer that question. Think end of 2008.
  • Reply 2 of 11
    palegolaspalegolas Posts: 1,361member
    I'm not sure exatly why a tablet notebook in particular is essential for your studies, but the rumors has been pointing towards a very compact Apple notebook to surface sometime soon. No final word though on whether it be touchbook or just a small notebook with keyboard. But I think it's safe to assume that typing on a physical keyboard will be more effective than on a touchbook, which leads me to believe a keyboard based notebook would be more suited for studies. Though typing on a touchbook in class would be dead silent since there is no clicketiclick keys to be pressed. Tha'd be cool

Personally I'd like a touchbook for using when performing music on stage. It could be programmed to a great sample triggering device, and the monome-project would suddenly be decleard dead
  • Reply 3 of 11
    mr. memr. me Posts: 3,221member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ebaydan777 View Post

...i REALLY want a tablet notebook, its essential for college...it would help a lot but theres no way in hell im going back to PC...

I know a lot of university students, faculty, staff, and administrators. Every single one of them who uses a computer uses either a laptop or desktop. I have not seen a single one of them use a Tablet PC. What is it that you are doing that requires a tablet Mac?
  • Reply 4 of 11
    And I have to say : Jobs hates Tablets! So I don't think they will introduce a new (tablet) computer.

grtz Fr3dj3
  • Reply 5 of 11
    buddhabuddha Posts: 386member
    Quote:

sooo i have a powerbook G4 17" and its time to get rid and buy something new (other than the new imac i bought a couple weeks ago haha)...i REALLY want a tablet notebook, its essential for college...it would help a lot but theres no way in hell im going back to PC...nooo way haha

sooooo any rumors out there for a soon release of a tablet mac?? i cant afford the modbooks out right now 2,500$ is ridiculous for a macbook tablet....i heard apple will have a new line of laptops coming out but i dont think any of those are tablets? i really would love apple if they come out with this in the $1,000-1,600 line =/...

I really doubt you're going to college.
  • Reply 6 of 11
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    There are not any real rumors of a tablet from apple, but many of us think it's the next logical step for apple. Although there are two groups of tablet thinkers in this forum, actually 3, the two big ones are slate, and convertible. Convertible thinkers are about 70%.
  • Reply 7 of 11
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Fr3dj3 View Post

And I have to say : Jobs hates Tablets! So I don't think they will introduce a new (tablet) computer.

grtz Fr3dj3

#1 he never said that, and #2 every product he ever says they will not make, or that he disliked they now make.
  • Reply 8 of 11
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by buddha View Post

I really doubt you're going to college.

haha ok....well i go to cal state univ, fullerton and im a pre-med student

the majority of my class including my professors use tablet pc's...quite frankly im jealous i dont have one instead i lug around my 17" powerbook g4....its too big, and the tablet pc is essential, we have to draw up a lot of DNA and protein figures for my genetics class, as well as essential notes id rather draw down for chemistry, molecules and such. It will only be more essential the farther i go down this line of study, visual art makes me remember things more than typing notes that i dont care to look at later....so yes its important

i would hate to switch back to PC but the HP t1000z looks like a good tablet despite the 12.1" screen =/
  • Reply 9 of 11
    mr. memr. me Posts: 3,221member
    Quote:

... i lug around my 17" powerbook g4....its too big, and the tablet pc is essential, we have to draw up a lot of DNA and protein figures for my genetics class, as well as essential notes id rather draw down for chemistry, molecules and such. It will only be more essential the farther i go down this line of study, ...

Nobody put a gun to your head and forced you to get a 17" PowerBook. Don't complain about it now. As for needing to draw chemical structures, it would be much cheaper for you to add a Wacom tablet or even a digital pen for your PowerBook. You might also consider adding CambridgeSoft's ChemDraw Ultra.
  • Reply 10 of 11
    aries 1baries 1b Posts: 1,009member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by onlooker View Post

There are not any real rumors of a tablet from apple, but many of us think it's the next logical step for apple. Although there are two groups of tablet thinkers in this forum, actually 3, the two big ones are slate, and convertible. Convertible thinkers are about 70%.

...and, sadly, none of the parents of the Convertible thinkers are married.

All a man needs for a computer is a slate and a stylus. The new Newton (see separate, dedicated thread) should do nicely

V/R,

Aries 1B
  • Reply 11 of 11
    aries 1baries 1b Posts: 1,009member
    Quote:

haha ok....well i go to cal state univ, fullerton and im a pre-med student

the majority of my class including my professors use tablet pc's...quite frankly im jealous i dont have one instead i lug around my 17" powerbook g4....its too big, and the tablet pc is essential, we have to draw up a lot of DNA and protein figures for my genetics class, as well as essential notes id rather draw down for chemistry, molecules and such. It will only be more essential the farther i go down this line of study, visual art makes me remember things more than typing notes that i dont care to look at later....so yes its important

i would hate to switch back to PC but the HP t1000z looks like a good tablet despite the 12.1" screen =/

You have so captured one of the key markets for a tablet mac: Students. Think of being able to retrieve your sketches with Hand-Writing-Recognition Converted text labels years later! The professor's lectures beamed to your SLATE tablet and you write notes in the appropriate places and then you catalog them for review later. Dedicated software permits you to harvest information for memory drills (Organic Chemistry, anyone?). You can download videos of each lecture in a course....

I so envy my kids for the future that they're heading to!

V/R,

Aries 1B