got my new wireless keyboard and it seems to work great!

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Yup, the best buy and future shop websites both said they didn't have any of them in stock at all but when i went to check it out they had in stock. Hurrah. I'm very happy with it and hope i will enjoy it. It seems to work seemlessly with my new macbook pro

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rich-Myster View Post

Yup, the best buy and future shop websites both said they didn't have any of them in stock at all but when i went to check it out they had in stock. Hurrah. I'm very happy with it and hope i will enjoy it. It seems to work seemlessly with my new macbook pro

I picked one up at my local Apple Store last night (Southpark, Charlotte NC).

I will somewhat miss the numeric keypad, but this small keyboard is a wonder to behold and use.

Stellar design. Now my wife wants one for her MacBook...

Makes me want for a aluminum mouse.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    gongon Posts: 2,437member
    Could you check if pressing the F5 and F6 keys actually produce a F5 and F6 input when you're in the mode where the other keys control iTunes, brightness, etc? There's probably some simpler way to do it, but at least you see it if you bind something to F5 and then press the key. If you trigger the event, then we know the key "falls through" to F5 as long as there isn't a special function for it.

I'd love to be able to bind something such as Spaces in that empty key while also retaining normal F5/F6 function in the other mode where the function keys register as such.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gon View Post

Could you check if pressing the F5 and F6 keys actually produce a F5 and F6 input when you're in the mode where the other keys control iTunes, brightness, etc? There's probably some simpler way to do it, but at least you see it if you bind something to F5 and then press the key. If you trigger the event, then we know the key "falls through" to F5 as long as there isn't a special function for it.

I'd love to be able to bind something such as Spaces in that empty key while also retaining normal F5/F6 function in the other mode where the function keys register as such.

the layout of the keyboard isn't the same as the laptops. F5 and F6 have nothing binded to them and F1 and F2 are the brightness adjusters whilst F3 is spaces F4 is dashboard and from F7 till F9 are controls for itunes and the rest are all volume adjusters ( mute, volume up, volume down)

P.s. This keyboard does take a little while getting used to because of the miniature size of it, but once you get used to it typing is a breeze and you'll love every moment of it.

P.s.s ( to people who have the wireless keyboard ) - Does your keyboard have the accents on the right side of the keyboard instead of the actual apostaphes and dashes and stuff?
  • Reply 4 of 7
    gongon Posts: 2,437member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rich-Myster View Post

the layout of the keyboard isn't the same as the laptops. F5 and F6 have nothing binded to them and F1 and F2 are the brightness adjusters whilst F3 is spaces F4 is dashboard and from F7 till F9 are controls for itunes and the rest are all volume adjusters ( mute, volume up, volume down)

Did you actually test that the two keys are *not* bound to F5 and F6? You only see this difference if you have an app open that reacts to F5 and F6 or if you have bound those two keypresses to do something like Expose in OS X.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gon View Post

Did you actually test that the two keys are *not* bound to F5 and F6? You only see this difference if you have an app open that reacts to F5 and F6 or if you have bound those two keypresses to do something like Expose in OS X.

i tested them with itunes and it did nothing. You were interested in using one of em for spaces though but there is already a dedicated key for spaces so you're set.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    In Firefox,

F5 = refresh

F6 = highlight the address in the location bar
  • Reply 7 of 7
    My little green power light does not stay on when in use. I'm not sure if it's supposed to or not, or if the keyboard sleeps when not in use anyway. Could anyone shed any light on the matter?