Database App That Handles Images?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
So I am trying to create a database that can candle images to export to the web and it seems like none of them can do it. I was surprised FileMaker Pro can't.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    mr. memr. me Posts: 3,221member
    Try 4th Dimension.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    feynmanfeynman Posts: 1,087member
    I should also mention I have no programing skills. Which is why FileMaker was my first choice
  • Reply 3 of 9
    Okay can anyone else offer some advice?
  • Reply 4 of 9
    I don't know what you mean by "handle images" but I just created a database in Appleworks that can store images.
  • Reply 5 of 9
    FileMaker can handle images. The field you are trying to store the image in must be a Container.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by agent_orange View Post

FileMaker can handle images. The field you are trying to store the image in must be a Container.

It sure can but try exporting that database to html with the images and it won't let you.
  • Reply 7 of 9
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ThinkingDifferent View Post

I don't know what you mean by "handle images" but I just created a database in Appleworks that can store images.

Just as I said, handle images to export to the web, IE html.
  • Reply 8 of 9
    Very few databases these days cannot do images. I suppose filemaker will work, although depending on your application, it might be worth learning a little SQL and using MySQL or PostgreSQL. There are GUI front ends you can use, but you'll still need to know the code.
  • Reply 9 of 9
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Splinemodel View Post

Very few databases these days cannot do images. I suppose filemaker will work, although depending on your application, it might be worth learning a little SQL and using MySQL or PostgreSQL. There are GUI front ends you can use, but you'll still need to know the code.

See and that's the thing. I want this to be a very simple database that has four text fields and two image fields and that's it.