Will you buy Leopard right away? (Real, actual poll this time!)

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
This is a replacement for the other thread, which was started without an actual poll attached.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 21
    I fail to see a poll. =\\
  • Reply 2 of 21
    shetlineshetline Posts: 4,695member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Chamberlain View Post

I fail to see a poll. =\\

What's weird is that the thread gets posted before you're finished typing in your poll choices, which is a second step in the process of posting a poll.
  • Reply 3 of 21
    The poll seems to be working now. I'll buy Leopard at 10.5.3 unless .1 or .2 come in rock solid.
  • Reply 4 of 21
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    This is a valid poll.
  • Reply 5 of 21
    I'm planning on getting a Mini around Christmas - by then, Leopard should be out, with a few bug fixes, and any driver/performance issues should be sorted out.

From what I've seen, Leopard doesn't look that much improved over Tiger, and most of the new features have been done already with *nix/Vista, but if I'm getting a new system, I might as well get the latest OS and work through the teething process.
  • Reply 6 of 21
    shetlineshetline Posts: 4,695member
    I actually fit into two categories (although I didn't bother to set up the poll to deal with that). I'll be buying Leopard right away for my Quad G5 and my MBP. But -- after a sudden realization while I was actually on the road, on the way to buy a new Mac mini last week -- I'll also be picking up a new mini which either has Leopard pre-installed, or at least that definitely entitles me to a free update.
  • Reply 7 of 21
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,324moderator
    Bear in mind Bootcamp stops working in Tiger in at most 3 weeks so if you plan on installing/removing Windows, do so before then. I don't think it will affect current Windows installations so if you already have Windows installed with Tiger and want to keep it, you should be fine.

I don't think I'll get Leopard as soon as it's out. There are enough improvements to make me want to get it but I can wait until a bugfix release. Plus I'd like to see if someone comes up with a way to get rid of the horrendous drop shadows.
  • Reply 8 of 21
    I sold my iBook last February in anticipation of getting Leopard with a MacBook or MacBook Pro. I've continued waiting since then and started using a PC again in the meantime. I have to say that I don't miss having a Mac as much as I thought I would.

This being said, I'm waiting for a subnotebook Mac. If Apple releases a decent 12" or 13" MBP soon and I have enough money for it then that will most likely be my next Mac. Other than that it would have to be a Mac Mini-tower. Something between a Mac Mini (underkill) and a Mac Pro (overkill), but doesn't have a built-in screen like the iMac (should be killed).
  • Reply 9 of 21
    rokkenrokken Posts: 236member
    I will go for an iMac as soon as the Leopard comes out coz it costs twice here in Norway as it is in US :S
  • Reply 10 of 21
    Every Appleinsider review makes my "Yes" stronger. The Mail app is truly gorgeous. Now that Addressbook needs some serious work!
  • Reply 11 of 21
    Apple's Mail still lacks "power user" features though, doesn't it? Can you send one or more mails out at a specified time and date?...and don't tell me to use Automator... that application is dead to me.
  • Reply 12 of 21
    buddhabuddha Posts: 386member
    I'm going to order immediately and check reviews to see how buggy it is, if it's not too bad I'll install it. If there are problems I will wait to install it until there is a patch ready to be installed directly after.
  • Reply 13 of 21
    Leopard is known to have enhanced bluetooth support. Done.
  • Reply 14 of 21
    My birthday is November first. For my birthday I have only asked for Leopard and an external hard drive. Sweet, simple, and awesome.
  • Reply 15 of 21
    roffroff Posts: 58member
    I will install Leopard in one partition, out of four, right away. I will install it on the other partitions when it is stable enough. It is nice to have that option.

Mac Pro and MBP.
  • Reply 16 of 21
    I may wait a bit until Inquisitor, Mail Stamps (hopefully a version for Preview will come as well) and Uno get updated. Can't live without inquisitor.

Oh, and I want to play through Deus Ex again. I'm bummed that they are removing classic on PPC machines.
  • Reply 17 of 21
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    I'm getting it with a new Mac, if there is a decently spec'd one, right away. I may be waiting for MWSF for a Mac Pro update though. So I guess it just depends. If the graphics options suck again I'm going to either build a PC, or buy an Alienware. I'm sick of buying computers from a toy company that doesn't take users seriously anymore.
  • Reply 18 of 21
    guarthoguartho Posts: 1,208member
    Where's the "I've already ordered it" option?
  • Reply 19 of 21
    Does anyone know if you pre-order it, when they say "delivers" on the 26th, does that mean delivers to your doorstep or ships out on that day. I really want to know! Thanks in advance!
  • Reply 20 of 21
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    I ordered it tonight and it still says "delivers on the 26th."

So I'm hoping that's true.