Yay, I'm quicker than AppleInsider again! (ultraportable)

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
http://www.engadget.com/2007/10/17/a...eopard-launch/

Rumors rumors rumors...

I love this time of year.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 14
    I mean, he's wrong, obviously. The guy's an idiot. But it's still a happy thought. Except I don't think Apple's UltraPortable will be 13"
  • Reply 2 of 14
    gongon Posts: 2,437member
    IMO something with a solid 13" screen doesn't qualify as ultraportable. Too big.
  • Reply 3 of 14
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    I think he's wrong all together. No Ultra Portable. I think it started as a question in AI, (Why not an Ultra Portable?) and someone spun it into a rumor. That's it.
  • Reply 4 of 14
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    I don't know if he's wrong about Apple bringing out a 13" MacBook on the 26th, we'll find out soon enough, but 13" is not considered an ultra-portable.
  • Reply 5 of 14
    Part of the thing, I think, is he makes money when stock goes down. So he makes these statements, gets hype up, and people are disappointed when it doesn't happen.
  • Reply 6 of 14
    19841984 Posts: 955member
    It could simply be another case of rumors for two different products mistakenly getting merged. A slimmer, aluminum MacBook next week followed by an ultraportable touchscreen tablet in January. No super-slim laptop.
  • Reply 7 of 14
    I hope its just the new MacBook since it's a 13 incher. Here is hope for decent graphics (N8400 or A2400).
  • Reply 8 of 14
    A 13" laptop is definitely not considered as "ultraportable". I can only assume that he was talking about the upcoming new MB with alumnium and slimmer design - which somehow can be only described as an ultraportable laptop in its screen size.
  • Reply 9 of 14
    well, do people actually think that there is going to be a new laptop of any kind or is it all just not true, cause I can still return mine and get a newer one.. I would much prefer aluminum
  • Reply 10 of 14
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    We know there will be new Laptop (MB, MBP) eventually, that goes without saying but both the current ones are in mid-cycle. They are good buy's now. Don't sweat over a rumor.
  • Reply 11 of 14
    MacBooks were refreshed last year in November. Oct 26th is almost November, so if they don't come on Oct 26th, they should be around the corner.
  • Reply 12 of 14
    pevepeve Posts: 518member
    it may be a old mockup... but...

• Reply 13 of 14
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,322moderator
    I think it'll just be the new Macbook. They crippled the consumer desktop lineup with lower end parts and made the white iMac aluminium so it only makes sense that they do the same to their laptops. They need to widen that gap between the Macbook and Macbook Pro.

Then when the Mini goes, they have just 4 products:

lightweight, underpowered, cheaper laptop = Macbook

powerful but heavier laptop = Macbook Pro

slim, underpowered, cheaper desktop = iMac

powerful but much heavier desktop = Mac Pro

White plastic no more. I wonder if the Macbook will have a shiny black apple at the back or still have the light shining through.

That guy in the video wasn't all that impressed with the reporter - she reminded me of Chloe from Smallville. You can tell by the patronizing way he says her name at the end.
  • Reply 14 of 14
    You're right.

I used to love that show...