200 Apple boxes being distributed right now!

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
I have a friend who works at a FedEx distribution center here in Minnesota. He texted me tonight and told me they just got in 200 large, unidentified boxes from Apple. We're both trying to figure out what's inside. Considering Leopard just went gold master, I doubt anyone is receiving shipment yet... maybe this is something else?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 28
    dhagan4755dhagan4755 Posts: 2,152member
    Well large is a relative term. Need a comparison of what large actually is in relation to something familiar.
  • Reply 2 of 28
    ipeonipeon Posts: 1,122member
    Where are they being shipped to?
  • Reply 3 of 28
    kukitokukito Posts: 113member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by maverick18x View Post

I have a friend who works at a FedEx distribution center here in Minnesota. He texted me tonight and told me they just got in 200 large, unidentified boxes from Apple. We're both trying to figure out what's inside. Considering Leopard just went gold master, I doubt anyone is receiving shipment yet... maybe this is something else?

The xMac!
  • Reply 4 of 28
    <eom>
  • Reply 5 of 28
    The latest RDF generators with new, unhackable firmware for all the retail stores?
  • Reply 6 of 28
    i work at ups and i believe i've seen a total of 5 apple products shipped. the old imac, the new imac, the macpro, and 2 crt monitors. i guess apple doesn't use ups as it's primary shipper D:
  • Reply 7 of 28
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    I know Apple has always sent my goodies via fedex.
  • Reply 8 of 28
    rickagrickag Posts: 1,626member
    Redesigned Mac minis
  • Reply 9 of 28
    tednditedndi Posts: 1,921member
    Apple is doomed!!!
  • Reply 10 of 28
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rickag View Post

Redesigned Mac minis

Hah, I wish. I wish it would be something like the Mac mini^3. 3.5 drive, built in power supply, dedicated graphics.
  • Reply 11 of 28
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,309moderator
    Quote:

I think it's the bodies of the ex-employees who tried to get the $100 refund on their iphone.
  • Reply 12 of 28
    It would not surprise me if its something boring, like props for 26th? mabay ?

It could be the 'ulrta-portable'? unlikly...very...very

Try and find out the dimensions and weight of one box, would give a good indication?

PDT
  • Reply 13 of 28
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    It's Leopard.
  • Reply 14 of 28
    iposteriposter Posts: 1,560member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Outsider View Post

Hah, I wish. I wish it would be something like the Mac mini^3. 3.5 drive, built in power supply, dedicated graphics.

Don't make me drool on my keyboard like that!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

It's Leopard.

I hope they at least cut air holes in the boxes then!
  • Reply 15 of 28
    rickagrickag Posts: 1,626member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TednDi View Post

Apple is doomed!!!

I understans this is sarcasm, I just don't get it.

Quote:

Outsider

Actually, I was more thinking the same asic style maybe even smaller case, if at all possible. But still laptop cpu, integrated graphics ,laptop harddrive and faster Super drives across the model.

Quote:

Ireland\t

It's Leopard.

This is probably the most likely answer.
  • Reply 16 of 28
    Quote:

I agree with the poster who said t-shirts. Most likely they are promo pieces for the Leopard release next week.

Although we can all wish for something more...like a new Mac Pro...please...
  • Reply 17 of 28
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by donebylee View Post

I agree with the poster who said t-shirts. Most likely they are promo pieces for the Leopard release next week.

Although we can all wish for something more...like a new Mac Pro...please...

the macpro box is fucking humungous. when i offloaded one once i was like, wow, that's a big box.
  • Reply 18 of 28
    My dad used to work at Fed-Ex in Chicago and he said every now and then they would ship hundreds of xserves and mac pros through their centers in a night, in relatively pain boxes with just a small lable.
  • Reply 19 of 28
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    My vote is that it's promotional stuff for Leopard or the Leopard disks/retail boxes being shipped to be packaged with the other.
  • Reply 20 of 28
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    Promo stuff, and t-shirts.