Partial Albums - @#$% WTF?!

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I know this is an ongoing issue but I'm so sick of itunes providing partial albums, is Apple jerking around the music fans that will pay for it rather than pirating it? What's the point of even posting the album on itunes if its incomplete? Sorry for the rant, I just want to get this off my chest.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by WJHMH View Post

I know this is an ongoing issue but I'm so sick of itunes providing partial albums, is Apple jerking around the music fans that will pay for it rather than pirating it? What's the point of even posting the album on itunes if its incomplete? Sorry for the rant, I just want to get this off my chest.

What possible reason could Apple have to "jerk around" people wanting to buy every track on an album? Can you think of a way that benefits Apple? Doesn't it seem far more likely that such restrictions are coming from the label or the artist?
  • Reply 2 of 3
    galleygalley Posts: 971member
    Partial albums exist because some publishers may not want a certain song available for purchase separately. What's really stupid is the same exact song may be available on another album.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    I've found what I was looking for at AMAZON.COM of all places. I downloaded the complete album to transferred it to itunes without any issues. I Highly recommend this to anyone else that has a certain album they are having trouble locating or is just sick of the partial album B.S.. Sorry itunes, you lost another sale.