iCal, Address book, birthdays

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I can't get iCal to sync all the birthdays I have listed in address book the right way. For most of my contacts I have several birthdays listed for spouses and kids, but none of these are being synced to iCal. The only ones that are being synced are those with only one person's birthday listed. Is there anyway around this? Address book should have a way to deal with spouses' and kids birthdays under one main contact heading. Thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    zkakazkaka Posts: 6member
    make a new contact for each kid... its the only way around... or make their birthday a repeatable reminder in ical until they get older and buy a phone so you would actualy have an axcuse for this mess
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Zkaka View Post

make a new contact for each kid... its the only way around... or make their birthday a repeatable reminder in ical until they get older and buy a phone so you would actualy have an axcuse for this mess

I had the same problem, and did this solution, however currently I am experiencing a problem in which my iCal deletes events and reminders two weeks after they occur even if they are reoccurring... So currently I have to enter my repeats again and again... I check the prefs in iCal and iTunes and the deletes are NOT checked... Any thoughts?