iMac vs MacBook vs Windows computer??? which should i buy!!!!!???????

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
i have a lot of confusion i mean have a old iBook and i am looking to geta better computer recently i have tooken a liking in the iMac the seem quite powerful and a nice screen....

though i dont have alot of room on my desk for the windows or imac so that brings me too the macbook i do a lot of things that take up lots of ram but the macbook pro is prettypowerful...... me and my parents and brother have always used windows computers and i think macs are better my dad owns a bussiness he got a virus on his computers virus software which was MacAffee and had to get a nice computer because the guy who told him it was dead said to get it nice usually he tryies to be cheap because he doesnt know anything about computers, and i didnt untill 2 years ago when i took a class....

anyway MACS ARE BETTER RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????!!!!!!??!??!?????????? ??!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh yes and i would like to ocassionally playWOW on the mac

Comments

• Reply 1 of 13
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Personally I'd definitely get the iMac myself. And yes Macs are better, above and beyond the call of duty.
  • Reply 2 of 13
    gongon Posts: 2,437member
    Stimulant overdose much?

I don't detect any real reason for the Macbook, and WoW doesn't run well enough on it. Nor do I detect any reason for a Windows computer. iMac's the best choice.

Suffice to say that Macs are by far the most common personal computers among my university level computer science teachers.
  • Reply 3 of 13
    I would acctually get an MacBook Pro. I have seen WoW run well on those. Mac computers nowadays can run Windows, so when you buy a mac, you get 2 computers for the price of one, but you will have to go out and buy windows XP for it to work
  • Reply 4 of 13
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JakeTheRock View Post

I would acctually get an MacBook Pro. I have seen WoW run well on those. Mac computers nowadays can run Windows, so when you buy a mac, you get 2 computers for the price of one, but you will have to go out and buy windows XP for it to work

But that's like buying a Porsche and putting diesel in the fuel tank!
  • Reply 5 of 13
    I'd save your money and use it to buy some punctuation.

Or you could go all out and maybe audit a second grade writing workshop.
  • Reply 6 of 13
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by fullmetalakaviri View Post

i have a lot of confusion i mean have a old iBook and i am looking to geta better computer recently i have tooken a liking in the iMac the seem quite powerful and a nice screen....

though i dont have alot of room on my desk for the windows or imac so that brings me too the macbook i do a lot of things that take up lots of ram but the macbook pro is prettypowerful...... me and my parents and brother have always used windows computers and i think macs are better my dad owns a bussiness he got a virus on his computers virus software which was MacAffee and had to get a nice computer because the guy who told him it was dead said to get it nice usually he tryies to be cheap because he doesnt know anything about computers, and i didnt untill 2 years ago when i took a class....

anyway MACS ARE BETTER RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????!!!!!!??!??!?????????? ??!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh yes and i would like to ocassionally playWOW on the mac

If I were you, I'd get a Mac, there is this thing built in to them called a Dictionary, it might come in handy, it might not, depends on your usage really.

\
  • Reply 7 of 13
    I had used microsoft os's for 15 years until 6 weeks ago when i purchased a 24" imac. I'm now about to buy a macbook, just waiting to see if they update them first. So definitely get a mac!!! the imac is beautiful and the macbook will supplant it well for me.
  • Reply 8 of 13
    samnuvasamnuva Posts: 225member
    1. Macs are MUCH, MUCH better than Windows.

2. Get the iMac, but get the better video card, it can't really hurt when gaming.
  • Reply 9 of 13
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Walter Slocombe View Post

there is this thing built in to them called a Dictionary, it might come in handy, it might not, depends on your usage really.

\

HILARIOUS ... I busted out laughing hysterically when I read that one.

To fullmetalakaviri:

Hey man, I just finished typing up an 8 page essay on why Apple computers are better than Windows. It highlights some of the features in the iMac ... if you want, I can email it to you.
  • Reply 10 of 13
    I have been putting off and putting off getting a Mac, but I finally got a Mac Book Pro yesterday (I got the baby size one). Never will I go back to a Windoz system. Golly G. Wiz! The question is ... if your computer is going to sit in one place, the iMac makes more sense, otherwise get a MacBook Pro!
  • Reply 11 of 13
    Remember when periods were hard to use?

Because I dont.
  • Reply 12 of 13
    MacBookPro. A must.
  • Reply 13 of 13
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JakeTheRock View Post

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dulcimoo View Post

I have been putting off and putting off getting a Mac, but I finally got a Mac Book Pro yesterday (I got the baby size one). Never will I go back to a Windoz system. Golly G. Wiz! The question is ... if your computer is going to sit in one place, the iMac makes more sense, otherwise get a MacBook Pro!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

MacBookPro. A must.

It amazes me when people can't seem to understand that the MBP is expensive and a lot of people can't afford (nor justify, if they have the money) spending $2000+ on a computer.

Honestly, I'd get the iMac, unless portability is really important to you.

Or do what I did, buy a desktop for your main computer and buy an iBook second hand, for when you feel like surfing the net on the couch