An Annoyance in Limewire

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Hi. I use Limewire to download video clips, as well as the occasional software title. When I download the vids and then I preview them sometimes they tend to back up. Like when you play it it plays to a certain point and then it stops because its still downloading. THen you go back a few minutes later and its even farther back than it was before. I hope this problem is fixed in future versions of Limewire.

ALso. why did they jump from vers. 2.5.5 to 2.6.3? thats a large jump.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    wmfwmf Posts: 1,164member
    Are you talking about MPEG files? I've seen the same thing, but it has nothing to do with LimeWire; QuickTime just has trouble with some MPEG files.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    [quote]Originally posted by wmf:

<strong>Are you talking about MPEG files? I've seen the same thing, but it has nothing to do with LimeWire; QuickTime just has trouble with some MPEG files.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Yeah well.. when i restart their downloads sometimes that helps.. I get a file, i let it download for a few then wanna see what its like. Ok that worked. I let it download some more... and its like it wasnt downloading anymore... that really annoys me... I cant wait till Direct Connect for Mac OS X is finally released. I like that program MUCH better.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    anyone?
  • Reply 4 of 6
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Like he said, it's a QT problem, plain and simple. It's got nothing to do with LimeWire. You'll see the same problem with the final file, no matter how you download it. Sorry.

I see the same thing, and the only way to view the file all the way through is to use another app, like VLC. (Check versiontracker.com for MPEG players.)
  • Reply 5 of 6
    Sometimes QT has trouble with the MPEG streams. What you can do is to separate them with <a href="http://www.versiontracker.com/moreinfo.fcgi?id=14618&db=mac"; target="_blank">bbDEMUX</a>.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    true, but how do i fix the error message telling me that theres a missing component?