Mail time problems

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
well, the problem is as follows:

I'm using 10.2 and in mail, the time when a message was received looks like this:

but instead of 6:30 Uhr it should display 18:30 Uhr.

anyone know how to change it ? pleese.

[ 09-23-2002: Message edited by: Defiant ]</p>

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    System Prefs -&gt; International -&gt; Time

Set it to the 24-hour clock.

Re-launch Mail.app.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    no go. it's already set to the 24h hour clock.

I should add, in 10.1, the time was displayed correctly.

Is this just another example how usa-centric apple got?
  • Reply 3 of 7
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    You have been hit by the "geee are there any countries outside US?" bug
  • Reply 4 of 7
    Okay, I've examined this further and found the catch. Delete the "Uhr" from the two boxes in the prefs pane and it will now display the time correctly. (18:30 rather than 6:30)

Apparently, this bug is not specific to the Swiss layout, but to ALL layouts, the US included. If Mail sees any suffix (in this case, the "Uhr") then it defaults to the 12-hour clock.

You should file a bug report with the description I just gave and any other observations you may have of it.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    [quote]Originally posted by Brad:

<strong>Okay, I've examined this further and found the catch. Delete the "Uhr" from the two boxes in the prefs pane and it will now display the time correctly. (18:30 rather than 6:30)</strong><hr></blockquote>

alright.

<strong>Apparently, this bug is not specific to the Swiss layout, but to ALL layouts, the US included. If Mail sees any suffix (in this case, the "Uhr") then it defaults to the 12-hour clock.</strong><hr></blockquote>

whew. at least not europe specific.

<strong>You should file a bug report with the description I just gave and any other observations you may have of it.</strong><hr></blockquote>

yep, i'm gonna do that when I come home.

thanks, Brad !
  • Reply 6 of 7
    There's another <a href="http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?story=20020903062157208"; target="_blank">solution</a>.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    [quote]Originally posted by L'ermite:

<strong>There's another <a href="http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?story=20020903062157208"; target="_blank">solution</a>.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I like that one more.

thanks my friend. (rain is baad, no ?)