Speculating on iPod Touch Apps?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
So they're going to release an SDK for third-party apps for iPhone and iPod Touch; does anyone have any idea if that will allow the iPhone's original apps (like maps or email) to be used on the iPod Touch? I don't see why not, but then again, I still don't see why they'd leave the apps off of the iPod Touch in the first place.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    I don't think it will allow it any more than current hacks do. Apple has made it clear that there will be a certification process of some sort for iPhone/iPod Touch apps. Something tells me they won't certify a hacked Mail or Maps app.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by neven View Post

I don't think it will allow it any more than current hacks do. Apple has made it clear that there will be a certification process of some sort for iPhone/iPod Touch apps. Something tells me they won't certify a hacked Mail or Maps app.

Well I'm not looking for a certified "hack." I don't use the hacks, what I mean is that these already are legitimate apps, since they're made by Apple, and already on the iPhone. Do you think they'll be made available to iPod Touch owners? I mean, it's not like someone couldn't make a third-party e-mail or maps app. So then why wouldn't Apple provide their own anyway? I can think of reasons for and against this (good and bad reasons for both), so I'm wondering what others think.