Ipod Classic Problems

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
HI

I am about to buy a new Ipod Classic, but I have heard that they are having problems with it. Things like the Coverflow is really buggy and gitchy and then the most recent firmware keeps on making the harddrive spin constantly.

Does anyone know what the lastest is about this problems?? Any info is welcomed.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    I have a Classic and it is okay. Though one time it did kind of bug out, I went to coverflow and all the covers were just just big messes of colors. I am still worried about that but if it gets worse I'll bring it to an Apple Store. I restored it to the original settings (totally wiped, not a reset) and it has been working fine.

Also for anyone who has one, how does your clicker options work? Like I only have on and off. Not headphones, speaker, both, and off like on the old iPods. Most of the time when it is set to on it just uses the speaker but almost randomly it does both.

I'm guessing that any of these little problems will be patched up in the next patch release.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    bg_nycbg_nyc Posts: 189member
    Very disconcerting... does this kind of thing usually happen with new ipods? i'm usually a couple years behind the buying curve when it comes to new ipods!
  • Reply 3 of 8
    tilttilt Posts: 396member
    I just received my first ever mp3 player 10 minutes ago - a 160 gig Classic. Am in the process of syncing it now.

What do you mean by "clicker" and its being only on and off?

Cheers
  • Reply 4 of 8
    bg_nycbg_nyc Posts: 189member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tilt View Post

I just received my first ever mp3 player 10 minutes ago - a 160 gig Classic. Am in the process of syncing it now.

What do you mean by "clicker" and its being only on and off?

Cheers

The clicker is a small 'click' sound that is audible through both the headphones and from the ipod itself (without headphones). You can choose to hear it only from the headphones or the ipod itself, or you can disable it.

Apparently this option may have been been reduced to just on or off. I dont have a classic so i can not verify this.

Umm... you've been on AI for a long time... and you're just now getting an ipod? And you decide to go with the 160GB? thats wild!
  • Reply 5 of 8
    Thanks bg_nyc. Yeah I know it's hard to believe, but this is not just my first iPod, but my first ever portable music player.

The reason I did not buy one for so long was actually because over the past so many years I have been building up my music and pictures collection and currently my music library is alone is around 98 gigs and until now there wasn't a music player that went larger than 80 gigs. So this 160 gig was a godsend, and that's why I went in for this

Re. the clicker, thanks for the explanation, but I still don't understand. When does this clicking sound occur? Is it when I press something?

Cheers
  • Reply 6 of 8
    Yup, I realised it today. Sorry, I should have waited to play with it a bit before jumping the gun and getting trigger-happy with the questions

Cheers