Macbook = crackbook, should I be pissed?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
So I bought a macbook, 1st gen, over a year ago. Now I LOVE OS X. But I hate all the problems I am having with my macbook, and I was wondering if I am just too picky, or if I can be legitimately pissed. Lets start with problem number one, my top panel (keyboard area) peeled off my white case which caused all my keys to stick and "click" really loud. Got that replaced and it took over 10 days, that is a freakin long time to be without a laptop in school I'll tell you. Second problem is that now, not only is my case around my screen cracking (3 places, over a cm each) but my top panel is cracking too! Then to put the icing on the cake, my screen takes about 5 minutes to "warm up" and the huge (noticeable to me) dark area in the bottom left of my screen finally gets some back light. Now to be fair I have had it for a year, BUT I treat it like my first born child and this thing never goes anywhere unless it is secure in a case, and no I've never dropped it. I do have the applecare plan, so I'm not worried about costs, I was just wondering if, in your opinion, I am being too picky and should get this fixed, or just live with it. Let me know.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by foolio21 View Post

So I bought a macbook, 1st gen, over a year ago. Now I LOVE OS X. But I hate all the problems I am having with my macbook, and I was wondering if I am just too picky, or if I can be legitimately pissed. Lets start with problem number one, my top panel (keyboard area) peeled off my white case which caused all my keys to stick and "click" really loud. Got that replaced and it took over 10 days, that is a freakin long time to be without a laptop in school I'll tell you. Second problem is that now, not only is my case around my screen cracking (3 places, over a cm each) but my top panel is cracking too! Then to put the icing on the cake, my screen takes about 5 minutes to "warm up" and the huge (noticeable to me) dark area in the bottom left of my screen finally gets some back light. Now to be fair I have had it for a year, BUT I treat it like my first born child and this thing never goes anywhere unless it is secure in a case, and no I've never dropped it. I do have the applecare plan, so I'm not worried about costs, I was just wondering if, in your opinion, I am being too picky and should get this fixed, or just live with it. Let me know.

get a macbook pro
  • Reply 2 of 5
    pevepeve Posts: 518member
    take it to an appe store if you bought it online or to the dealer you bought it from.

though cosmetic damage isn't really covered by apple care - talk to them and see if you can get it fixed.

be polite!
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by peve View Post

take it to an appe store if you bought it online or to the dealer you bought it from.

though cosmetic damage isn't really covered by apple care - talk to them and see if you can get it fixed.

be polite!

dude the reason it cracks is i believe because of the magnets in the macbook. it happens to a lot of them. it is covered. bring it back and get it fixed. if it happens again say hey mother fuckers, give me a macbook pro, because richard said so. and they will. trust me.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    pevepeve Posts: 518member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rich-Myster View Post

dude the reason it cracks is i believe because of the magnets in the macbook.

even so - it still is cosmetic damage and still isn't covered by apple care.

but apple will most likely repair it free of cost.

(i think i praised apple customer service enough on this board - hey apple! where's my free iphone ?)

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rich-Myster View Post

if it happens again say hey mother fuckers

i believe you are intelligent enough, not to act like that.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by peve View Post

even so - it still is cosmetic damage and still isn't covered by apple care.

but apple will most likely repair it free of cost.

(i think i praised apple customer service enough on this board - hey apple! where's my free iphone ?)

i believe you are intelligent enough, not to act like that.

i was generalizing