Sata And Ide Combination

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Hi,

I'm buying new samsung "octo edge" dvd rewriter which supports SATA connections but I'm having an intel motherboard "D8456gebv2" with IDE connection how can I go about doing this. do I have to buy a new motherboard ?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    Hi Tommy,

all you need is a serial to parallel ATA adapter like this.

Your should find adapters like that your local computer store.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    I know your new, but maybe you wouldn't mind respecting the UBB here and posting questions like this in the correct forum.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    royboyroyboy Posts: 458member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by onlooker View Post

I know your new, but maybe you wouldn't mind respecting the UBB here and posting questions like this in the correct forum.

I think he was talking about "Future Hardware". The hardware he would be buying in his future.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    kolchakkolchak Posts: 1,398member
    Aside from the wrong category, he's also in the wrong forum. It would be better for him to ask in a PC forum. There's no reason to clutter up this board with questions about replacing motherboards, since Mac owners can't. Nor does "D8456gebv2" mean anything to the vast majority of people here.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    royboyroyboy Posts: 458member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kolchak View Post

Aside from the wrong category, he's also in the wrong forum. It would be better for him to ask in a PC forum. There's no reason to clutter up this board with questions about replacing motherboards, since Mac owners can't. Nor does "D8456gebv2" mean anything to the vast majority of people here.

Maybe someone could possibly turn him into a "switcher"!