If there's an announcement, when do you think it'll be?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
There's been lots of rumours and mumblings about new hardware like a new Macbook or a Mactouch or a Mac[INSERT WHIZZ-BANG PRODUCT HERE]. Now that Leopard is out, do you think there will be a surprise announcement soon and if so when do you think it will be?

I'm all excited, despite not yet owning any Apple products!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by I am a human View Post

There's been lots of rumours and mumblings about new hardware like a new Macbook or a Mactouch or a Mac[INSERT WHIZZ-BANG PRODUCT HERE]. Now that Leopard is out, do you think there will be a surprise announcement soon and if so when do you think it will be?

mac nano & Apple Cinema Display (especially)
  • Reply 2 of 7
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by I am a human View Post

Well your guess is as good as anyones and it's your thread, so why don't you start the murmur, that begins the rumor, that winds up in the enquirer?
  • Reply 3 of 7
    mcarlingmcarling Posts: 1,106member
    Plausible announcements before MWSF include:

- Mac Nano to replace Mac Mini

- Mac Pro speedbump based on Penryn

- MacBook speedbump based on Crestline

- higher res ACDs
  • Reply 4 of 7
    tednditedndi Posts: 1,921member
    JANUARY at MWSF
  • Reply 5 of 7
    The only updates I see coming before MWSF is a new Mac Pro and maybe new cinema displays. Intel won't have any new tech to put into their notebooks before then and the mini isn't going to be done away with until MWSF.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    shanmugamshanmugam Posts: 1,200member
    steve's retirement lol
  • Reply 7 of 7
    jasenj1jasenj1 Posts: 923member
    I'm hoping for new MacBooks for the Christmas season. The day of, I will be ordering one. I've been dragging my feet for about two years now on picking up a laptop.

MacBook update (Snata Rosa based with x3100 graphics, please) + 10.5 = purchase.

- Jasen.