iTunes doesn't have new look in Leopard

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
iTunes' window doesn't use the same look at all the other windows in Leopard, what's up with that? It doesn't have the right colouring and it even uses the old traffic lights from Tiger. ?!?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    smeesmee Posts: 195member
    Could you post a picture?

(I don't have leopard yet, so I don't know...)
  • Reply 2 of 11

• Reply 3 of 11
    Hhmmmm...

I don't like it :/

I hope Apple will fix that soon...
  • Reply 4 of 11
    Here's a comparison with them both active.

It's kinda odd they didn't take a few minutes to fix iTunes but I think the differences are not big enough to notice in day to day use. I think Safari is a bit too dark though.
  • Reply 5 of 11
    buddhabuddha Posts: 386member
    I'm assuming you expected they would bundle a new iTunes with Leopard because it is clear that iTunes has an independent UI. It's barely different, the traffic lights are slightly different but the coloring is pretty much exactly the same. The only major difference is that it doesn't get extra bright when it's not the open application. I bet it'll get a slight fix with the next upgrade. I don't think it's anything to complain about.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Daffy_Duck View Post

Here's a comparison with them both active.

It's kinda odd they didn't take a few minutes to fix iTunes but I think the differences are not big enough to notice in day to day use. I think Safari is a bit too dark though.

Are you sure you had both windows on top when you took that picture? Here's what it looks like when I took a picture of Safari, iTunes, and Finder:

Also, it's clear that this UI is based around a vertical changing gradient so comparing them on top of each other isn't a fair comparison whatsoever.
  • Reply 6 of 11
    In other words...

The grey color is the same on all windows, but itunes just has the different stop lights.
  • Reply 7 of 11
    buddhabuddha Posts: 386member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by smee View Post

In other words...

The grey color is the same on all windows, but itunes just has the different stop lights.

That and iTunes stays relatively dark when it's not the currently open application. I'm sure that'll get fixed soon.
  • Reply 8 of 11
    @buddha: Hmm...did you do an upgrade or clean install of Leopard?
  • Reply 9 of 11
    Yea, knowing Apple always does fix the things
  • Reply 10 of 11
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by buddha View Post

The only major difference is that it doesn't get extra bright when it's not the open application. I bet it'll get a slight fix with the next upgrade. I don't think it's anything to complain about.

Ahh, but I think it IS something to complain about! With the new unified look, the non-active appearance of iTunes (not being light-grey) really stands out. I first thought I had found a bug that I could actually report (as opposed to "the stacks are not implemented correctly" or "the translucent menu bar is ridiculous").

I guess it will be fixed in the next version of iTunes.
  • Reply 11 of 11
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by McRooney View Post

iTunes' window doesn't use the same look at all the other windows in Leopard, what's up with that? It doesn't have the right colouring and it even uses the old traffic lights from Tiger. ?!?

Probably because iTunes wasn't updated was it? Applications like iTunes have their own resources. That's why it's customizable via various hacks. iTunes is an entity of it's own.